Reflecting On His Love // Glimpses Link Up
This week I am reflecting on God’s love, His deep, abiding, unfailing and beautiful love.
All of my life I grew up with a craving to be loved. I know my parents loved me the best they could without having a personal relationship with Jesus. Growing up I always felt overlooked, misunderstood and unloved. I went looking for love in all of the wrong places and have had to spend years healing from past hurts.
It’s hard for me to grasp God’s love. To think that the God of the universe came for me, that He did it all for love, just blows my mind. Who am I that a Holy and loving God would think about me when He told His Father that He was willing to make the sacrifice?
What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? (Psalm 8:4)
When I was formed in my mother’s womb, He loved me.
When I fell and scraped my knees as a child, He loved me.
When I lay numb, violated and was left feeling worthless and dirty, He loved me.
When I came to Him, sobbing over the weight of my sin, He loved me.
When I make mistakes as a wife and mother, He loves me.
When the sky turns dark and depression sets in, He loves me.
When I am mobilized in fear and can do nothing, He loves me.
When I stomp my feet in frustration, He loves me.
When I fall into self pity and wonder about my purpose, He loves me.
No matter what I’ve done, no matter what I do, His love remains the same.No matter what I've done, no matter what I do, His love remains the same. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
During the month of December, I am sharing a series I wrote in 2011 during the Christmas/Advent season. Here is week 2:
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
211. Knowing that I’m never without hope.
212. Hallmark Christmas movies.
213. The peace that passes all understanding.
214. His love came down and rescued me.
215. Christmas party planning with friends.
216. My son’s release of his first EP.
217. Cutting down our Christmas tree.
218. Christmas movies, homemade cookies and tree decorating.
219. Online deals for Christmas.
220. He has marked me. I am His.
*Be sure to grab the new link up button if you want. The code is in the sidebar.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.
I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.