I had a wonderful Christmas with my family. We met over at my sister’s home on Christmas Eve. There were about 20 of us, including children. We had great food and enjoyed watching the kids open gifts and then we embarked on a traditional white elephant gift exchange.
We woke up early on Christmas morning. Actually, I didn’t go to be until after 2:30AM because I had to pull the cinnamon rolls out of the refrigerator to rise. Then I was up at 6:00AM to cook breakfast for my husband and kids and then we all headed to church for an hour worship service.
Back home to relax in the afternoon and then it was just us and the kids (and our grandson) for dinner. I made this amazing Garlic and Rosemary roast. I’ve made it twice now this season and it’s a huge hit. We enjoyed watching our grandson open his gifts and spending time in a smaller more intimate gathering. Matter of fact, we all wore our pajamas!
Even in my lack, I realize how truly blessed I am. Tonight as I am finally able to sit and relax, I am thinking about the many promises that were given to me by God through His Son, the greatest gift of all. This most precious baby, born in a cave, laying in a feeding troth. This child, so small, yet so full of promise.
In Him lies the promise of LIFE to those who accept it.
In Him lies the promise of HOPE to those who hold on to it.
In Him lies the promise of FAITH to those who receive it.
In Him lies the promise of LOVE to those who embrace it.
In Him lies the promise of JOY to those who choose it.
In Him lies the promise of WISDOM to those who seek it.
In HIM lies the promise of GRACE to those who walk in it.
In Him lies the promise of PEACE to those who rest in it.
In Him lies the promise of MERCY to those who give it.
The season of Christmas may be over, but I will continue to unwrap the promises that Jesus, the Child of Promise, has freely given to me.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
241. Christmas luncheon with co-workers.
242. The blessing of a gentle and wise man.
243. My One Word 2017 chosen for me by God.
244. A daughter who loves to wrap all of my gifts.
245. Christmas bonus!
246. The joy of giving.
247. The smiles on children’s faces as they unwrap their gifts.
248. The promise of Christ that continues beyond Christmas.
249. A new rob and slippers.
250. Date night movie tickets, coffee and chocolate.
What promises of Jesus have you unwrapped this Christmas?
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.