I walked into church this morning with a heaviness I was unable to shake. Financial issues, being reminded of our lack in a season of giving, and health issues have weighed heavy on my heart this past month. I came to give Him praise. I came to declare His worth, because He is worthy. I wasn’t feeling it this morning, but my mind and heart knew enough to posture myself before the King of Kings in an attitude of worship and give Him the praise He deserves.
I know the enemy would like nothing better than to steal my joy leading up to Christmas. His purpose is to distract and cause me to focus more on my lack than on the abundance that overflows in my life. My life IS abundantly full, but sometimes I have to dig deep to lay hold of it, and remind myself that there is so much joy to be found. It’s in the places where joy resides that we get a glimpse of who He is.It's in the places where joy resides that we get a glimpse of who He is. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
Joy resides in my heart, because the Living God resides there.
Joy resides in my home, because we have invited Him in.
Joy resides in my children, because they are using their gifts and talents to serve Him.
Joy resides in my husband, because, despite a disability, He strives to care for His family.
Joy resides in my job, because I am appreciated and part of a bigger picture.
Joy resides in my dreams, because there is where I lay hold of my heart’s desires.
Joy resides in the counting of the smallest blessings, because there is where a heart of gratitude begins.
Joy is a gift that can be unwrapped every day.Joy is a gift that can be unwrapped every day. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
During the month of December, I am sharing a series I wrote in 2011 during the Christmas/Advent season. Here is week 3:
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
221. Warm homemade cookies.
222. More Christmas movies and snuggles on the couch.
223. Toddler giggles.
224. A quiet night home alone.
225. Allowing myself to rest and not strive.
226. Office clean up day — getting rid of lots of junk.
227. Celebrating with my son and son-in-law in the birth of their first EP cd.
228. He fights for me.
229. He has won the victory.
230. Fuzzy socks and warm blankets.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.
I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.