I was in a mood yesterday. I woke up and was pretty much in a bad mood from the start. Have you ever had a day begin this way?
Hubby and I are working through some things.
I’m working through my own heart issues.
I’m dealing with some health things.
I’m feeling sad due to S.A.D. (You can read about that here.) Spring can’t come too soon.
There is a lot of financial stress. Some months are worse than others. January was a bad month.
When there is too much for my mind and heart to handle I shut down, or I can lash out and I was pretty much lashing out at everyone around me. I wasn’t happy about my behavior and this only compounded the problem. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t shake the feelings of defeat.
On may way to pick my daughter up from a friend’s house I was driving on the freeway and broke into tears. I felt defeated. I was worrying again about the bills and the lack of income. I felt badly for the way I had treated my husband. I was feeling completely overwhelmed. But God didn’t want to leave me in that state. He wanted to remind me of His love in the midst of hardship.God wants to remind you of His love in the midst of hardship. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
As I saw the rainbow peaking through the clouds, I was instantly overcome with His presence and experienced an overwhelming sense of His love for me. Even though there are storms raging, He is right here, in the middle of the storm. His love breaks through and His promises are true.
I am so thankful for a God who continually reminds me that He is with me and that He is good.
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)
I know He will work out the issues with my husband.
I know He working on my own heart.
I believe that He is bringing healing to my body, mind and spirit.
I can trust that He will continue to provide for our financial needs.
God IS good and all I needed was to see that rainbow peaking through the clouds to be reminded that He is with me in the midst of the hard stuff.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
301. A great first week of tax season at the office.
302. Being reminded through the story of Joseph that God is in control.
303. Mocha flavored ice cream.
304. Movie snuggles with the family.
305. Beautiful green hills after lots of rain.
306. A child’s laughter — a reminder to not take myself so seriously.
307. The end of a great 1st semester in our homeschooling.
308. A rainbow peaking through the clouds. A reminder of His love.
309. Overwhelmed in worship led by my beautiful youngest daughter.
310. Enjoying family, friends and food during the Super Bowl.
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.