My thoughts have been turned inward lately. Not in a prideful way. As the Lord continues to bring to light the hurting places in my heart, those things that I have kept behind closed doors, away from his grace and mercy, I get overwhelmed. I am becoming more aware of my brokenness and of my need of Him and His restoring grace. I lack. I want. I desire. He alone can fill the cracks and voids deep inside my heart.
As the Lord brings deep and personal revelation of my constant need of Him, I can tend to focus too much on what I can’t see and I forget to focus on His free gifts of grace and mercy, which allow me to move on into places of freedom.
I am so thankful for His mercy and grace. Even though they are free gifts, it’s often hard for me to accept them as such. I find myself striving….striving to be perfect….striving to please….striving to love better…..striving. Yet the Lord calls me to a place of rest in His love. He wants to wash over me with His grace and mercy. His love is steadfast. It is unchanging, immovable and unshakable. There is nothing in my heart that He doesn’t already know. He sees it all and desires to bring healing and freedom. All I have to do is invite Him in to those places so that He can fill the gaps, the holes that have crept into my heart.
His love for me will never cease. I am so thankful for God’s mercy and grace. I am thankful that He brings me to a place of rest. I do not have to work to earn His love.
How about you? Will you allow the steadfast love of the Lord to wash over you? He has enough mercy and grace for whatever you are facing today.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
361. Overtime = extra income. Thank you Jesus!
362. Honest, and often hard, conversations with my husband.
363. God’s peace that covers like a blanket.
364. $2.00 McDonald’s Iced Vanilla Coffee.
365. More wonderful homeschool products to review.
366. Reconnecting with long time friends.
367. My heart open to receive healing.
368. An ER visit with my husband that turned out to be nothing. Thanks God!
369. A bouquet of roses given to me at church just because.
370. Movie date with my daughters to see Beauty and the Beast. Loved it!
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.