The God Of Miracles // Glimpses Link Up
I won a CD a while back that has been ministering to my heart in such a powerful way. Kari Jobe’s The Garden is full of intimate and soul searching lyrics that are bringing healing to my wounded heart. One of the songs that I’ve been reflecting on this past week is Miracles. It’s one thing to talk about miracles and even believe that God did what the Bible says He did, but it’s another thing completely to believe that the God of miracles wants to perform miracles on our own behalf.
As the seasons of life ebb and flow, I’ve been rocked to my core and have spent a lot of time soul searching and reaching for God while praying for miracles in my own life. There are a couple of things that have transpired over the last couple of weeks that have me so frustrated and worn out. I’ve found myself asking that question, “Really God, haven’t we gone through enough?” And then I feel guilty because even though my own circumstances appear to have me in dire straights and our need is great, I know so many others who are fighting greater battles and need even greater miracles.
I am thankful for a God who doesn’t draw names out of hat to decide who to bless. Rather, it’s all about His timing. He cares for the needs of all, whether financial, emotional, physical or spiritual. He doesn’t weigh your need against mine and decide who gets the miracle. And although God doesn’t always answer prayer the way I would hope, He always answers. I may not fully understand, but the question is, will I continue to trust Him?
So yes, I need some miracles. My body is tired and my mind is worn out. But I don’t want to stop asking for God to move on my behalf. I want to choose to believe that He really is the God of miracles and is waiting and willing to perform miracles on my behalf and on behalf of those I love.
Take a few moments to listen to this song an be blessed.
Are you believing God for a miracle today? I would love for you to share with me so that I can be praying for you.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
371. Uninterrupted sleep.
372. Breathing in grace and exhaling worry.
373. One more day of tax appointments at the office.
374. The colorful weeds in my yard.
375. Celebrating a friend’s graduation from Chiropractic College.
376. Catching up with a good friend over dinner.
377. Words of life spoken by way of declarations.
378. Celebrating my son’s 23rd birthday with the family at Fenton’s Ice Cream Parlor.
379. Watching my grandson’s eyes open wide as they brought out his ice cream.
380. Getting ahead on the homeschool planning.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.