When You’re Desperate For Community // Glimpses Link Up
All my life I have been what some would call a “social butterfly”. I love being around people. Gathering with family and friends are what I love to do the most. It doesn’t matter what we are doing, just being together with those I love is enough for me.
Building a community is not an easy task. I wish I could say that it will come without heartache and pain. It will not. But if you are willing to take the risk, there are so many benefits of having a people to call your own, a tribe to spur you on, and encouragers at every turn.
I have my family — my parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews — all who live no more than 45 minutes from one other. And I am blessed that my children and grandchildren all live in the same town. Actually, we are all living in the same house again, temporarily, 9 of use (if you include the four week old) and wow, what a community!
I have friends who I gather with often for meals, movies, coffee, laughter and shopping. These women have been walking with me for 20+ years and I cannot imagine my life without any one of them. My best friend lives an hour away but I make it a point to drive out to see her one Saturday each month.
And there is all of you. I may never meet you in person, but our hearts are held together first by our love for the Lord, then by a common ground — writing. You can call it journaling, blogging or writing, but we are women who have come together to share our lives with one another from near and far. We gather on our blogs, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and we encourage, challenge, build up and spur one another on.
I’m desperate for community. I’m desperate to have a constant influx of people in my life. I cannot walk this journey alone. I need my family, friends and my blog community (who I am honored to call friends) who continually challenge me to be the best woman, wife, mom and servant of Christ that I can be.
I am desperate for community, so I will continue to reach out and take risks with my heart because community is worth it to me.I will continue to take risks with my heart because community is worth it to me. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
What are you doing to build community in your life?
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
501. Backyard shenanigans on warm summer nights.
502. Cleaning out and organizing the homeschool material.
503. More FREE books for my Kindle Fire.
504. Working on a new blog design for a client.
505. A freshly washed car.
506. Homemade garlic green beans.
507. Friends who don’t allow you to quit.
508. After a set back, I’m back on track with my healthy eating.
509. Tears flowing freely in worship.
510. Movie night with the family.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.