Come Receive // Glimpses Link Up
Happy Monday friends. I’m feeling somewhat like a broken record. I’m exhausted. EXHAUSTED. Once again life is happening around me and well, I’m just going along for the ride.
My mother fell on the 4th of July and severely broke her arm. She was on the only floor in her house without carpet and somehow slipped. She also cut her head pretty badly. Last week my sister took her to the ER because she just wasn’t herself. Come to find out, she has a small bleed on the outer part of her brain. We are pretty sure it was caused by the fall. This is scary, as my mother had a massive brain aneurysm about 20 years ago and nearly died. However, the Dr. assured us this will heal on it’s own in a few weeks and that my mother is not at risk of further complications.
While at the hospital, we found out my mother also had a pretty severe UTI which is now being treated with heavy antibiotics. This is also scary as my mother was just about 30 minutes away from death brought on by Sepsis about a year ago, caused by a UTI.
I headed out to Tracy today to visit my best friend and received a call that my mother was taken back to the ER with severe bowl issues. Come to found out, she was severely dehydrated and required 3 bags of fluid. The stool issue is likely caused by the antibiotic, but the Dr. does not want to stop it so we deal with the other.
My sister has taken a 30 day leave from work to care for my mother and me and my other siblings are getting a schedule together so that we can help my sister. My mother was diagnosed with dementia last year, early stages. Needless to say, we will be having to make some hard decisions in the future concerning her care.
So I am pretty much emotionally and physically exhausted. My younger two kids leave for camp tomorrow and I am looking forward to not having to fight any teen battles for a few days. My heart is longing to sit and be still. I want to allow the river of His love to wash all my worries and cares away.
Tonight I want to share with you a song that is ministering to my heart so much right now. It’s a call to come. It’s a call to taste of the goodness of the Lord. It’s a call to come and receive all that we need. When we are weary and in need of rest, we can come to the river and be refreshed.Will you come to the river and receive all that you need today? #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
531. God’s wisdom concerning my mother’s health.
532. Family who all live close and can be available to help.
533. My mother cracking jokes in her hospital bed.
534. Cable TV in the hospital so my mom doesn’t miss her game shows.
535. New hospital socks.
536. Caring nursing staff who care for my mom.
537. My mother’s hearty appetite for hospital food.
538. My dad who sits with my mom at the hospital all day.
539. A walker and other equipment that will help my mom in her daily living.
540. Nurses who visit the house to check on mom.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.