17 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Inspire // Five Minute Friday

Thrilled to be writing among the beautiful Five Minute Friday community. This is where we write for just five minutes, on a word prompt. We don’t worry about perfection or making it just right, but rather allow the words to flow freely without over thinking. If you’ve never written for the Five Minute Friday, come join us. You will be glad you did!

Inspire. My prayer is that I do that in my own life — inspire others to be loving, encouraging, honest, hardworking, creative, truthful, compassionate, Christ-like.

There was a time in my life when inspiration was flowing in all sorts of ways. I once put color on fingertips and painted the most creative pieces during worship and called it art. I sang on the worship team and used my less-than-perfect voice to give Him glory. Even if He was the only one smiling when I did. I taught Sunday school and told Bible stories to preschoolers in creative and fun ways. There was a time where I wrote more as inspiration flowed from a deep and abiding intimacy with the Lord. Life was flowing out of me in many ways and I felt inspired from the inside out.

But life has a way of sucking the inspiration right out of you, if you let it. I am tired of living in the past, but I can’t seem to catch up with life, to slow down enough to be inspired in other ways. I serve a creative God whose inspiration never runs dry. For me, it’s learning to see with new eyes, to reach up and lay hold of this life He’s given me. I know that deep under the layers of disappointment lies inspiration so life-giving if only I would grab a hold of it. I don’t want to long for past inspiration, but I want to move forward and be inspired in fresh, new ways.

I serve a creative God whose inspiration never runs dry. #fiveminutefriday Click To Tweet

I may not paint at church, but I can find a corner in my house and continue making art.
I may not sing on the worship team, but I can still use my voice to glorify the Lord.
I may not teach Sunday school, but I can find creative ways to share what God is teaching me.
I may not write a lot these days, but I pray that what I do write will inspire others in some way.

What inspires you?

June
    July 29, 2017 at 6:39 am

I’m sorry things have changed so much for you at church, Barbie. I went through a similar experience. Being involved several hours/days a week and in leadership, to nothing at all due to a particular circumstance. It’s very hard to find the way back. I don’t know what is best for you moving forward, but God does and I pray He will show you. Your words are always an encouragement and inspiration in this place, friend, never doubt it. Blessings on your weekend.

July 29, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Thank you June. It’s been a long three years. So much has changed. I’m waiting on the Lord for direction. Blessings!

Diana Rockwell
    July 29, 2017 at 11:42 am

Barbie, I am your partner at FMF linking up, your words are always an encouragement to me. Thanks for checking in on me. I am praying for the creative juices to flow through our veins. Jesus is good. Love you. Diana

July 29, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Blessings to you Diana! You are off to a great start with your retirement!

Marie
    July 29, 2017 at 4:03 pm

My heart is with you, Barbie. I dont know your whole story and I’m just beginning to follow your blog, but I can read the pain in the words. Praying for you today.

July 29, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Marie, thank you for being here. Even though I’ve had my own share of hard over the last several years, I pray I can still be a blessing to others.

Rebecca L Knox
    July 29, 2017 at 8:09 pm

A beautiful post, Barbie. I don’t know your story, but I sure understand your heart and words. I understand the part about life sucking the inspiration right out of you. That’s where I’ve been for more than a decade now. No more! Onward and upwards! Praying over you, Sweet Lady! I just met you and you have already inspired me. Stay the course! (((HUG))) <3

July 29, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Thank you Rebecca. I am blessed by your visit.

Kelly Blackwell
    July 30, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Barbie, you always inspire me with your posts (when I can come by). Even now I am inspired to find the joy and purpose in the now.

God bless you this lovely week and beyond!

July 30, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Thanks for stopping by Kelly!

Cathy
    July 30, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Thank you for visiting my blog. Your words were so encouraging. Praying for God’s direction for you. So glad to have found you. I will be back.

July 30, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Thank you Cathy. Have a blessed week.

Tara
    July 30, 2017 at 4:32 pm

I love that God’s inspiration never runs dry. I’m over in the 7 spot this week.

July 30, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Thanks for stopping by Tara! Have a great week!

Kristi Ahrens
    July 31, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Wow! You inspire me with your diversity of creative expression! I feel ya on the point of life kind of sucking the inspiration right out of you…in fact that’s one of the reasons I tried FMF this week! I hadn’t written for a solid month or more. This is such a great project!

Susan Shipe
    August 2, 2017 at 9:14 am

Been there. We must keep on keepin’ on.

~Karrilee~
    August 3, 2017 at 10:19 am

Yes… may we be FRESHLY Inspired, Lord… in old and new creative ways! Praying for corners of creativity to stir up and manifest and that you will find freedom and refreshing as you create space to –well, to create again! Love you bunches!