Tonight is when I sit down to write my weekly Glimpses link up post and reflect on all the many blessings that came my way this week. But exhaustion has overtaken my senses. My body aches, my eyes burn and I am left feeling empty and somewhat disillusioned about whether or not I encountered any beauty this week.
In my quest to embrace every day and truly see the beauty that surrounds me, the mundane takes over and my eyes become cloudy, unable to see beyond the mess that lays in front of me, beyond the hurt and pain, beyond the repetitiveness that has become my life. What I wouldn’t give to spend hours outdoors, with camera in hand, documenting God’s beauty.
I’m reminded once again that this life, despite the missing pieces and piles, despite the brokenness and trail of tears, it is a life worthy of beauty. It’s not what’s most becoming to the eye of the beholder that makes it so, rather, it’s the hidden treasure, what is found when we look beyond the natural, purposing to see beauty among the ordinary.This is a life worthy of beauty. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
I got to thinking about the seasons again and how beauty fades, changes and reemerges with each new phase of life. My life can be summed up like this: I live in heavy winter seasons, with a hint of fall, all the while longing for the spring, yet avoid the heat of the summer. And even though sometimes beauty appears to have faded, I know that I must simply look beyond what my natural eye can see.
Even when life appears dormant with nothing happening that makes me want to “shout it from the rooftops”, my life is still worthy of beauty. So I will continue to look beyond the mess, beyond the hurt and pain. I will continue to reach for beauty because God has given me a beauty-filled life.I will continue to reach for beauty because God has given me a beauty-filled life.… Click To Tweet
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
521. Quiet days at the office.
522. Birthday celebration continues with dinner with friends.
523. A fresh pedicure.
524. A God who will not leave me where I am.
525. A God who meets me where I am.
526. A God who brings me to where He is.
527. Beautiful worship while visiting a church.
528. More cleansing tears.
529. Fans that keep the house cool on hot days.
530. KLOVE radio.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.