18 In Glimpses

Protection And Peace // Glimpses Link Up

I started reading Psalms over the last week or so. I decided I simply had to start somewhere and not over think it. Although it’s feeling somewhat mechanical right now, I am committed to keep going. I don’t have a lot of revelation right now other than the verses that pop out at me and that’s okay.  My brain still feels very full and I know it will take some time for my mind to begin to fully absorb what is hidden beyond the pages.

I’ve been sharing my journey on Instagram using the hashtags #reconnectingwithgod #jounreythroughthepsalms and #glimpsesofhisbeauty.  If you don’t already follow me on Instagram I would love to have you. You can find me @barbieswihart.

Here are the images I created from last week. The central theme of what I read was God’s protection from our enemies and His peace. Even though I’m not being chased by anyone, I have been fighting the enemy of fear and restlessness. I am so thankful for God’s peace and protection and for the reminders He’s given to me in His Word.

If any of these images speak to you feel free to download them for yourself.

How is your time with God going? What are you reading? How is God speaking to you?

Thank you for being here!

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #621-630

621. His grace is sufficient for me.
622. Though life is ugly and messy at times, beauty can be found.
623. Vanilla scented candles.
624. Streaming my favorite worship.
625. A son who is inspired to learn.
626. An unexpected increase in my husband’s insurance check.
627. Another tax deadline met for the office.
628. A clean tile floor.
629. An overwhelming sense of His peace.
630. Celebrating my mom’s 77th birthday with family.

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.

Lesley
    September 18, 2017 at 12:54 am

The images are beautiful and a great way to reflect on the verses that are standing out to you.

September 18, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Thanks for reading Lesley.

Michele Morin
    September 18, 2017 at 4:59 am

I’m reading in Jeremiah, and have to admit that it feels like deep weeds some days, but am continually brought back to the consistency and faithfulness with which he delivered a hard message to a hard-hearted people.
    Thanks for your faithfulness here, Barbie.

September 18, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Oh Jeremiah! A great book indeed. Have a blessed week Michele!

jodie filogomo
    September 18, 2017 at 6:03 am

I love putting photos with certain passages. They are perfect!
    XOXO
    Jodie

September 18, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Thanks Jodie!

Donna Reidland
    September 18, 2017 at 9:27 am

What beautiful images! It’s so easy to overthink any plan for our devotional time. We are (or at least I am) so prone to want to put things in a nice neat box, a plan, a program … when God just wants us to spend time listening to Him in His Word. Thanks for sharing your journey.

September 18, 2017 at 7:48 pm

You are so right Donna. It’s not a race. Thanks for joining in!

Barbara H.
    September 18, 2017 at 11:35 am

Lovely images with the photos! I happen to be in the Psalms now, too – I like reading the Bible through, for various reasons, but I don’t try to stick to a time schedule of completing the day’s reading like an assignment in a certain time frame any more. I try to read a couple of chapters a day, but sometimes it’s more, sometimes less, depending on how I feel lead, even how awake I am on a given day. One thing I love the psalms for is how the writers pout out their hearts to God and then remind themselves of what they know is true of Him and restore their hope and focus.

Belated happy birthday to your mom!

September 18, 2017 at 7:49 pm

I think repeating God’s promises to us from His Word is a huge part of walking in freedom. Thanks for stopping by Barbara!

BettieG
    September 19, 2017 at 1:37 pm

I have been so blessed by your beautiful images and words from the Psalms, as you have shared them on FB and IG. They have been so encouraging at just the right times–like a breath of fresh air! Thank you!!

September 20, 2017 at 6:35 am

I’m so thankful you are blessed by them BettieG!

Trudy
    September 19, 2017 at 1:46 pm

I have been reading through the Psalms as well, Barbie. I love your beautiful images with the verses. 🙂 What a God-thing that your husband’s insurance check increased. 🙂 It must be an encouragement that God is still watching our for you and your family. Blessings and hugs!

September 20, 2017 at 6:35 am

Yes, Trudy, He continues to watch over us. For this I am truly grateful.

June
    September 19, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Beautiful images, Barbie! I’m so glad you’re finding time for His word – the Psalms are a perfect place to meet God. I’m reading in the Psalms as well as 1 & 2 Timothy. Have a blessed week, friend!

September 20, 2017 at 6:36 am

Thank you June! It has been beautiful comfort to my soul.

Susan Shipe
    September 20, 2017 at 3:50 am

Barbie, you are always open and honest about your feelings, your position, your place of standing. Be sure to read my blog this week Mt Sinai or Mt Calvary? I preached to the choir this week!

September 20, 2017 at 6:36 am

I’m looking forward to reading Susan!