He Makes Me Brave // Glimpses Link Up

Brave.  It’s not a word I use to describe myself often.

When I was a little girl, I was afraid of the dark, so much so I slept with the bathroom light on that was across the hall from my room.  I had other fears as a child, some came true, some never did. Bravery was not in my vocabulary.

Walking as a woman of the Word, a disciple of Christ, a daughter of the King of Kings, sometimes we are called to be brave. When the world is hurting and hopeless, will we bravely share our faith with others?  When life as we know it ceases to exist, will we bravely embrace the next chapter?  When we feel lost and confused, hurting from so many seasons of disappointment, will we reach out to take His hand again, allowing Him to lead us into the unknown?

Will we reach out to take His hand again, allowing Him to lead us into the unknown? #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

Life won’t always go as planned, and while I haven’t faced any BIG ROCKS in my life compared to some, I have had to remember that God is always there, right in front of me, with his hands open to receive me.

God is always there, right in front of me, with his hands open to receive me. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

He doesn’t want us to walk into the unknown alone. He knows the end from the beginning, and He promises to lead us through the dark seasons. He promises to make us brave, to increase our faith for the journey, and to never let us go until we come into the light again.

Is there a situation in your life where you are needing to be brave? Take hold of God’s hand and allow Him to lead you into the unknown. He is faithful to bring you through to the other side.  Allow Him to make you brave.

This is day 19 of my series on 31 Peeks into the Beauty of God. I am sharing mostly on Instagram, except for Mondays when I share here for the link up. I would love to have you join me at @barbieswihart.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #671 – 680

671.  Purple flowers for my table.
672.  Giving myself permission to fall behind.
673.  His faithfulness endures to all generations. My kids and grandkids are covered!
674.  Brownies fresh from the oven.
675.  Laughter despite tears.
676.  Joy despite pain.
677.  Hope despite sorrow.
678.  Essential oil flu bomb which helped to speed my recovery from the flu.
679.  His hand that leads me into the unknown.
680.  He makes me brave.

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.

1. Lesley says:

It definitely helps to know that God is with us and that when he calls us to step out into the unknown he can see the path ahead even when we can’t.

2. Laura Rath says:

Looks like we’re thinking alike. I posted on being brave too. 🙂 Have a good week!

3. Brave looks so different at this point in my life than it did when I was afraid of the dark — or afraid of “bad guys.” I’m learning that sometimes the bravest thing I can do is stay silent or leave something in God’s hands.

4. This is exactly why I named my blog Uncharted Water: Trusting God No Matter What Comes My Way. Step by shaky step, He never leaves me or forsakes me.

5. BettieG says:

Love these thoughts for a Monday morning! God truly helps us to be brave–even when I was young & afraid of the dark, I remember asking Him to help me then too! Oh may my faith be as strong as it was in that little girl heart.

• Barbie says:

I didn’t know Him then, but I know He was with me even though I didn’t know I could call out to Him. Have a blessed week BettieG!

6. Mary Hill says:

Thanks for the encouragement today. I really enjoyed your words about Bravery. I found hope in your words that God does not want us to walk in this world alone.

7. Barbara H. says:

I have no bravery in myself. I’m so thankful for God’s help in this area. I just need to keep my eyes on Him and not what I am afraid of or on myself.

8. Mary Geisen says:

Oh how I know about the journey of brave faith. I can also say that I would never use brave and my name in the same sentence. But God…

He loves to take us to places we never thought we could go because He’s God and He will see us through. Love you friend!

9. Jennifer says:

Barbie – Every time I stop by here…I am so glad that I did. I am challenged (will I be brave??) and always encouraged. Don’t know why I had not found you on Instagram yet but glad that I now have..and look forward to your thoughts there as well!!

10. Annette says:

Bravery looks different all the time. One needs to keep pushing past the fear to obedience.

• Barbie says:

That’s so true Annette! When we are obedient to step out, especially into those unknown places, He is faithful to meet us.

11. Lisa notes says:

It’s funny I mentioned not being brave on my blog today too. ha. It’s not a trait that comes naturally to me. But yes, so grateful that God is always faithful to bring us to the other side! Thanks for the encouragement, Barbie.

12. Gayl says:

I love your list of #glimpses for this week! And yes, “He makes us brave!” Blessings to you!

13. Trudy says:

Such beautiful thoughts, Barbie. Thank you for encouraging us to remember He is always walking with us. May we take His reached-out hand and allow Him to take us into the unknown! Love and hugs!

14. Great post, Barbie! Seems like you and I are thinking along the same lines; you’ll see what I mean if you go to the post I linked up, “The Lord is my ‘Chauffeur’?” He knows the way through the dark; He sees all. We can trust Him to lead (or drive) us safely to where He wants us to go!
    May gladness and all God’s other richest blessings be yours in abundance now and always.

15. Michelle says:

My thoughts went straight to the song by Bethel “He Makes Me Brave” when I saw the title. Great post:)

16. Noreen says:

Great post Barbie, I too love Bethel’s music. I may even share your post with a dear friend who is going through some heavy trials-she needs to know the Jesus who will carry her. Thanks for sharing.

17. June says:

You’re one of the bravest people I know, Barbie. Continually sharing your heart and your faith. I’ve fallen behind on my reading since I’ve been writing every day. I pray you are well over your illness and feeling much better! Blessings on your weekend!

• Barbie says:

Thank you June! I completely understand, it takes a lot to write every day. I love stopping by for my dose of the Psalms. Thankful to be feeling better. Gallbladder comes out on Friday. Blessings!

18. Wanda says:

I appreciate these words today, Barbie. I’m one who likes certainty; however, life is full of uncertainties but one thing is true God walks with us in them.

19. Jennifer says:

So grateful that the God who changed me (praise the Lord!) is also willing to revise my plans and headstrong decisions….patiently working with me as He leads me along the way. Thanks for being willing to share so openly – it is encouraging!