Brave. It’s not a word I use to describe myself often.
When I was a little girl, I was afraid of the dark, so much so I slept with the bathroom light on that was across the hall from my room. I had other fears as a child, some came true, some never did. Bravery was not in my vocabulary.
Walking as a woman of the Word, a disciple of Christ, a daughter of the King of Kings, sometimes we are called to be brave. When the world is hurting and hopeless, will we bravely share our faith with others? When life as we know it ceases to exist, will we bravely embrace the next chapter? When we feel lost and confused, hurting from so many seasons of disappointment, will we reach out to take His hand again, allowing Him to lead us into the unknown?Will we reach out to take His hand again, allowing Him to lead us into the unknown?… Click To Tweet
Life won’t always go as planned, and while I haven’t faced any BIG ROCKS in my life compared to some, I have had to remember that God is always there, right in front of me, with his hands open to receive me.God is always there, right in front of me, with his hands open to receive me. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
He doesn’t want us to walk into the unknown alone. He knows the end from the beginning, and He promises to lead us through the dark seasons. He promises to make us brave, to increase our faith for the journey, and to never let us go until we come into the light again.
Is there a situation in your life where you are needing to be brave? Take hold of God’s hand and allow Him to lead you into the unknown. He is faithful to bring you through to the other side. Allow Him to make you brave.
This is day 19 of my series on 31 Peeks into the Beauty of God. I am sharing mostly on Instagram, except for Mondays when I share here for the link up. I would love to have you join me at @barbieswihart.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
Glimpses #671 – 680
671. Purple flowers for my table.
672. Giving myself permission to fall behind.
673. His faithfulness endures to all generations. My kids and grandkids are covered!
674. Brownies fresh from the oven.
675. Laughter despite tears.
676. Joy despite pain.
677. Hope despite sorrow.
678. Essential oil flu bomb which helped to speed my recovery from the flu.
679. His hand that leads me into the unknown.
680. He makes me brave.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.