37 In Glimpses

He Makes Me Brave // Glimpses Link Up

Brave.  It’s not a word I use to describe myself often.

When I was a little girl, I was afraid of the dark, so much so I slept with the bathroom light on that was across the hall from my room.  I had other fears as a child, some came true, some never did. Bravery was not in my vocabulary.

Walking as a woman of the Word, a disciple of Christ, a daughter of the King of Kings, sometimes we are called to be brave. When the world is hurting and hopeless, will we bravely share our faith with others?  When life as we know it ceases to exist, will we bravely embrace the next chapter?  When we feel lost and confused, hurting from so many seasons of disappointment, will we reach out to take His hand again, allowing Him to lead us into the unknown?

Will we reach out to take His hand again, allowing Him to lead us into the unknown?… Click To Tweet

Life won’t always go as planned, and while I haven’t faced any BIG ROCKS in my life compared to some, I have had to remember that God is always there, right in front of me, with his hands open to receive me.

God is always there, right in front of me, with his hands open to receive me. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

He doesn’t want us to walk into the unknown alone. He knows the end from the beginning, and He promises to lead us through the dark seasons. He promises to make us brave, to increase our faith for the journey, and to never let us go until we come into the light again.

Is there a situation in your life where you are needing to be brave? Take hold of God’s hand and allow Him to lead you into the unknown. He is faithful to bring you through to the other side.  Allow Him to make you brave.

This is day 19 of my series on 31 Peeks into the Beauty of God. I am sharing mostly on Instagram, except for Mondays when I share here for the link up. I would love to have you join me at @barbieswihart.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #671 – 680

671.  Purple flowers for my table.
672.  Giving myself permission to fall behind.
673.  His faithfulness endures to all generations. My kids and grandkids are covered!
674.  Brownies fresh from the oven.
675.  Laughter despite tears.
676.  Joy despite pain.
677.  Hope despite sorrow.
678.  Essential oil flu bomb which helped to speed my recovery from the flu.
679.  His hand that leads me into the unknown.
680.  He makes me brave.

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.

Lesley
    October 23, 2017 at 12:30 am

It definitely helps to know that God is with us and that when he calls us to step out into the unknown he can see the path ahead even when we can’t.

October 24, 2017 at 8:56 pm

I’m so glad He can see it all. Thanks for stopping by Lesley!

Laura Rath
    October 23, 2017 at 3:47 am

Looks like we’re thinking alike. I posted on being brave too. 🙂 Have a good week!

October 24, 2017 at 8:57 pm

I look forward to reading your post Laura! Blessings!

Michele Morin
    October 23, 2017 at 5:00 am

Brave looks so different at this point in my life than it did when I was afraid of the dark — or afraid of “bad guys.” I’m learning that sometimes the bravest thing I can do is stay silent or leave something in God’s hands.

Debbie Putman
      October 23, 2017 at 6:21 am

Amen!

October 24, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Oh that’s so true Michele! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Debbie Putman
    October 23, 2017 at 6:23 am

This is exactly why I named my blog Uncharted Water: Trusting God No Matter What Comes My Way. Step by shaky step, He never leaves me or forsakes me.

October 24, 2017 at 8:58 pm

AMEN! He’s faithful to bring us through!

BettieG
    October 23, 2017 at 6:28 am

Love these thoughts for a Monday morning! God truly helps us to be brave–even when I was young & afraid of the dark, I remember asking Him to help me then too! Oh may my faith be as strong as it was in that little girl heart.

October 24, 2017 at 8:59 pm

I didn’t know Him then, but I know He was with me even though I didn’t know I could call out to Him. Have a blessed week BettieG!

Mary Hill
    October 23, 2017 at 7:39 am

Thanks for the encouragement today. I really enjoyed your words about Bravery. I found hope in your words that God does not want us to walk in this world alone.

October 24, 2017 at 9:01 pm

I am thankful you found encouragement in my words Mary. We are never alone.

Barbara H.
    October 23, 2017 at 7:46 am

I have no bravery in myself. I’m so thankful for God’s help in this area. I just need to keep my eyes on Him and not what I am afraid of or on myself.

October 24, 2017 at 9:01 pm

So true. Have a blessed week Barbara!

Mary Geisen
    October 23, 2017 at 8:14 am

Oh how I know about the journey of brave faith. I can also say that I would never use brave and my name in the same sentence. But God…

He loves to take us to places we never thought we could go because He’s God and He will see us through. Love you friend!

October 24, 2017 at 9:02 pm

Oh yes, yes He does always see us through! Hugs to you my friend.

Jennifer
    October 23, 2017 at 9:40 am

Barbie – Every time I stop by here…I am so glad that I did. I am challenged (will I be brave??) and always encouraged. Don’t know why I had not found you on Instagram yet but glad that I now have..and look forward to your thoughts there as well!!

October 24, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Thank you so much Jennifer. Am I following you on Instagram? How do you find you?

Annette
    October 23, 2017 at 10:40 am

Bravery looks different all the time. One needs to keep pushing past the fear to obedience.

October 24, 2017 at 9:03 pm

That’s so true Annette! When we are obedient to step out, especially into those unknown places, He is faithful to meet us.

Lisa notes
    October 23, 2017 at 1:32 pm

It’s funny I mentioned not being brave on my blog today too. ha. It’s not a trait that comes naturally to me. But yes, so grateful that God is always faithful to bring us to the other side! Thanks for the encouragement, Barbie.

October 24, 2017 at 9:05 pm

I’m so thankful He always gives us His hand to walk forward with faith. Blessings!

Gayl
    October 23, 2017 at 2:00 pm

I love your list of #glimpses for this week! And yes, “He makes us brave!” Blessings to you!

October 24, 2017 at 9:05 pm

Thanks for stopping by Gayl!

Trudy
    October 24, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Such beautiful thoughts, Barbie. Thank you for encouraging us to remember He is always walking with us. May we take His reached-out hand and allow Him to take us into the unknown! Love and hugs!

October 24, 2017 at 9:06 pm

AMEN Trudy!

Ruth @ plantedbylivingwater
    October 24, 2017 at 6:36 pm

Great post, Barbie! Seems like you and I are thinking along the same lines; you’ll see what I mean if you go to the post I linked up, “The Lord is my ‘Chauffeur’?” He knows the way through the dark; He sees all. We can trust Him to lead (or drive) us safely to where He wants us to go!
    May gladness and all God’s other richest blessings be yours in abundance now and always.

October 24, 2017 at 9:06 pm

I look forward to reading your post Ruth!

Michelle
    October 25, 2017 at 4:29 am

My thoughts went straight to the song by Bethel “He Makes Me Brave” when I saw the title. Great post:)

Noreen
    October 27, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Great post Barbie, I too love Bethel’s music. I may even share your post with a dear friend who is going through some heavy trials-she needs to know the Jesus who will carry her. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

June
    October 28, 2017 at 8:26 am

You’re one of the bravest people I know, Barbie. Continually sharing your heart and your faith. I’ve fallen behind on my reading since I’ve been writing every day. I pray you are well over your illness and feeling much better! Blessings on your weekend!

October 28, 2017 at 6:23 pm

Thank you June! I completely understand, it takes a lot to write every day. I love stopping by for my dose of the Psalms. Thankful to be feeling better. Gallbladder comes out on Friday. Blessings!

June
        October 29, 2017 at 9:09 am

Oh, my! Thanks for letting me know – you’re on my prayer calendar!

Wanda
    October 28, 2017 at 4:31 pm

I appreciate these words today, Barbie. I’m one who likes certainty; however, life is full of uncertainties but one thing is true God walks with us in them.

October 28, 2017 at 6:23 pm

So true. So glad you stopped by Wanda!

Jennifer
    November 1, 2017 at 8:54 am

So grateful that the God who changed me (praise the Lord!) is also willing to revise my plans and headstrong decisions….patiently working with me as He leads me along the way. Thanks for being willing to share so openly – it is encouraging!