Tell Others About The Beauty of God
During the month of October, I am participating in the #write31day challenge via microblogging. That means I am not sharing daily here, but rather I am sharing images with quotes and inspiration via my Instagram account. My topic is 31 Peeks into the Beauty of God. I will be using the #fiveminutefriday prompts to assist me in my efforts. To follow along, you can find me on Instagram at @barbieswihart. All of the posts in this series will be shared there.
Each Monday in October, I will post here for the link up using the corresponding word prompt. Today’s prompt is TELL.
The beauty of God is hard to explain. There are so many facets to it. I use to just think about the obvious ones – the heavens, moon, stars, sunshine, babies, flowers, weddings, mountains, etc. But I’ve learned over the last few years that there is beauty in every part of our lives, if we are looking for it.
The Bible tells us to tell others about the works of Jesus in our lives.
Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you. And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him. (Luke 8:39 ESV)
When I tell others about the beauty of God, I will share of how after my husband lost His job, we had to sell our home and stand in food lines, but how God provided a spacious home to rent and has always provided four our every need.
When I tell others about the beauty of God, I will share of how our marriage was tested through years of unemployment and lack, but how God strengthened our commitment and deepened our love for one another.
When I tell others about the beauty of God, I will share about my less-than-perfect home which is filled with children and grandchildren, and cluttered with keepsakes and memories that will last through the generations.
When I tell others about the beauty of God, I will share about how I struggle physically but through it God has shown me His strength in time of weakness.
When I tell others about the beauty of God, I will tell them about the beauty found beneath the rubble of my own life.When I tell others about the beauty of God, I will tell them about the beauty found beneath the rubble of my own life. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
When you tell others about the beauty of God, what will you share with them?
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
641. Coupon savings at the grocery story.
642. A new fall table runner and placemats.
643. Getting more than 6 hours sleep.
644. 9th grade boy is conquering Algebra doing independent study.
645. Dear daughter 17 is now driving with a permit.
646. My 1st grandson’s curls.
647. The smile my 2nd grandson gives me when we lock eyes.
648. The joy I receive from assisting other bloggers.
649. Family dinners and movie nights.
650. The beauty that lies beneath the rubble of my life.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.