31 In Glimpses

Do You Trust God To Revise Your Plan? // Glimpses Link Up

If you are like me, you came into adulthood with all kinds of plans for your life. Mine included marriage, children, ministry, owning a home and financial security.  Over the years, some of those plans have fallen by the wayside and we’ve been on a journey of picking up the pieces and learning to embrace so much change.

When I Googled the word revise looking for an image to use for this post, I found a lot of quotes about change. While I believe “change” and “revise” are similar words, they do in fact have very different meanings.

The definition of change is “to make or become different”.  When I met Christ, I changed. I gave up partying, impure thoughts, impure acts and lots of other things. I am not the person I was before I met Christ. His Spirit lives in me and I have been changed because of His love for me.

The definition of revise is “to reconsider and alter (something) in the light of further evidence”.  This one really hit me. You see, even though God knows the end from the beginning and every detail of our life is already known to Him, we must be a willing participant in allowing Him to make revisions as necessary to the plan. Our lives may be heading down one road, but in light of circumstances or evidence uncovered, God may revise those plans according to His will.

I haven’t always embraced life-altering circumstances with an open hand.  I had certain plans for my life, especially as it related to ministry and the church and when things didn’t go according to my plan, I allowed myself to become hurt, closed off and uncaring. I’m still working through it, and because of this, God is not quite done revising this part of my life. I do believe He has a grand plan, but I have to be a willing participant to see it come to pass.God has a plan for my life, but I must be a willing participant in order to see it come to pass. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

God always gets it right the first time. He doesn’t have to keep revising His plan for our lives until He gets it right. But I do believe we must give Him permission to continue to mold us and shape us, as well as surrendering to the different paths our lives will take.

God is still writing our story. There may be one more edit, or several more, but we can rest assured that He knows the end from the beginning even now. Will you trust Him to bring your story through to completion?

Will you trust God to bring your story through to completion? #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

This is day 24 of my series on 31 Peeks into the Beauty of God. I am sharing mostly on Instagram, except for Mondays when I share here for the link up. I would love to have you join me at @barbieswihart.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #681-690

681.  An organized desk at work.
682.  “Make Up” flowers from the husband.
683.  Free movie ticket vouchers.
684.  His love has no end.
685.  Dinner and a movie with a friend.
686.  Donating homeschool materials to family friends.
687.  He calls me beautiful.
688.  Friends who send prayer and caring texts throughout the day.
689.  The power in the Name of Jesus.
690.  The smell of a rose.

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.

Michele Morin
    October 30, 2017 at 4:46 am

I love this glimpse of God as the great Reviser of plans who has my best interest in mind.
    Thanks, Barbie, for your faithfulness here.

October 30, 2017 at 6:53 am

Thank YOU Michele for always encouraging me.

Bev @ Walking Well With God
    October 30, 2017 at 4:47 am

Barbie,
    I am learning that I have to allow God to take me down some paths that I may not have chosen for myself. That is always hard, but each time I take a big gulp of air and follow Him, He is faithful to lead me on those paths. He doesn’t point the way and then stand back and watch me stumble. Each new and scary path I follow Him on gives me confidence to trust His direction and will for my life. Easier said than done though at times.
    Blessings,
    Bev xx

October 30, 2017 at 6:56 am

He is so faithful, and leads us so well. Have a beautiful week Bev!

Lesley
    October 30, 2017 at 5:14 am

I agree, it is not always easy to allow God to revise our plans but his story is better.

October 30, 2017 at 6:53 am

So much better! Thanks for stopping by Lesley!

Barbara H.
    October 30, 2017 at 6:01 am

It will be a continuing process until I get to heaven, so I guess I better get used to it. 🙂 It’s not easy to have things change just when I get “settled,” and I am afraid I chafe about it too much, but I need to remind myself He has a reason for it and will help me through it.

October 30, 2017 at 6:54 am

That’s so true Barbara. I keep having to remind myself that He sees the end from the beginning. Blessings!

Debbie Putman
    October 30, 2017 at 6:18 am

Barbie, I loved how you contrasted change and revise. We do need to be willing participants, allowing God to revise according to His will. But I still fight against it too often.

October 30, 2017 at 6:54 am

Me too Debbie! Have a blessed week!

jodie filogomo
    October 30, 2017 at 6:51 am

It’s hard when we think we know the best route for our life—but really that’s funny. Because we know nothing!
    XOXO
    Jodie

October 30, 2017 at 6:55 am

Oh that’s so true. If only we allowed God to lead us without putting up a fuss all the time. Blessings!

Ruth @ plantedbylivingwater
      October 30, 2017 at 10:05 am

So true!! 🙂

Donna Reidland
    October 30, 2017 at 9:12 am

Good morning, Barbie. I think most of us have gotten hurt in some way in ministry. I try to remind myself that even ministry is filled with, done by, and focused on sinful people like me! Ouch! But it sounds like you’re well on your way to allowing God to use it for your good and His glory. Blessings as you continue down that road.

October 31, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Thanks so much Donna!

Ruth @ plantedbylivingwater
    October 30, 2017 at 10:03 am

Great thoughts, Barbie. I especially like what you said about us being willing participants. I’m so glad that I have a kind and loving and good God making the plans for me. I really want to be a willing participant; sometimes I feel like a sheep with ADD. 🙂 I’m glad He continues to gently bring my attention back to Himself!

October 31, 2017 at 8:13 pm

I’m not always willing, but He’s really good at persuading me and being very patient. Thanks for stopping by Ruth!

Lisa notes
    October 30, 2017 at 11:30 am

I’m thankful that God knows all the correct revisions to make, including the timing and degree. We are blessed to have a Father who cares for us in all the details. The hardest part is remaining open to the changes he wants to make… Thanks for this, Barbie.

October 31, 2017 at 8:14 pm

That is so true. It’s so hard to remain open and accepting of change at times. Trusting that He really does know what He’s doing.

Emily Wood
    October 30, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Barbie, I love how you described how life’s plans get revised versus being changed. I know this ha’s been true in my life. The great revision in my life had to do with how I would become a mom. I am so thankful the edited plans God had for my life!

October 31, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Thank you for stopping by Emily and for linking up. I read your beautiful post and left a comment. I hope you will stop by again.

BettieG
    October 30, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Thanks for always sharing from your honest heart with us here! I am so thankful that the Lord does not give up on me, when I whine and complain about revising “my” plans! What mercy He gives me, as He just listens and waits while I pause and stew. His way is always better, and I know that full well! Oh, I pray that I also would be quicker to adapt to HIS plans, and not my own. Blessings to you, and I pray that you are continuing to feel better!

October 31, 2017 at 8:21 pm

I keep thinking I am learning my lesson, but I still spend way too much moaning and groaning things. I’m so thankful He’s patient with me. Blessings!

Trudy
    October 30, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Thank you, Barbie. I second what Bettie comments. I am so thankful for how patient God is with us. It is so difficult to open our hearts to God’s revising, and my stubborn heart fights against His plans. But yes, His way is always better! I love your searching question – “Will you trust Him to bring your story through to completion?” Praying right now that we will! Love and hugs to you!

October 31, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Thank you Trudy! Your visits are always a blessing.

Rachel Lee
    October 31, 2017 at 11:04 am

Thank you, Barbie, for hosting the weekly link up!
    I absolutely love the list of “glimpses” that you include at the end of each article!
    “Will you trust him to bring your story through to completion?” What a thought-provoking question! Wish I could answer with a resounding YES, every time! But that has not always been my truth. I’m a work in progress. However, I am learning that His ways are always best, and always for our good!
    Thank you for the reminder today.
    -Rachel

November 1, 2017 at 8:27 pm

I’m so glad you stopped by Rachel. Allowing God to bring my story to completion, HIS way, is something I’m working on as well. Have a blessed weekend.

bluecottonmemory
    November 1, 2017 at 1:16 pm

The older I get, the more I realize that I dream according to my experience. God’s dreams for our lives are according to HIS experience – which is way of my my league. His ideas are always so much better than mine – even when they take me through hard places! Thanks for sharing your heart and wisdom, Barbie – and reminding us that His plans are so much better than ours.

November 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Thank you for stopping by.

Miriam @ ChristianStressManagement
    November 1, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Thank you for showing us the difference between “change’ and “revise” especially when it comes to our walk with God. Thank you for also motivating us to be more receptive to God’s revision of the direction our lives take.

November 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm

So glad you stopped by Mariam!