17 In Glimpses

Be Overcome By The Things That Matter // Glimpses Link Up

It’s 8:00pm on a Sunday evening and I’m just sitting down to write this week’s link up post. Honestly, I’ve been in the midst of a battle here on the home front and it would have been so easy to just forget about the blog and sulk in my corner of the couch. But you ladies, you are my reason for coming here each and every week. This little community that comes to encourage, link up and share I love you all so much. Many of you have prayed for me and continue to do so and I so appreciate each and every one of you.

Actually, things on the home front aren’t that bad.  I mean we have some things to work on but I believe in the midst of it all God is desiring to do a deeper work in my own heart.  I haven’t always handled things so well and in many ways my heart has grown cold.  I’ve been overcome with grief, despair, depression, fear and anxiety and I haven’t been the best wife or mom.  I’m not leading my children with grace and I’ve been angry at my husband far too long.  Grief has a way of blinding our eyes to what the real issues are.

Grief has a way of blinding our eyes to what the real issues are. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

I’m going to take some time away from social media and the blog over the next couple of months.  Don’t worry, the link up will still go on.  After all, I can’t stop counting my gratitudes, especially with everything that is going on in my life.  But I may not get around to responding to comments right away, or visiting your blogs.  But I will.  I promise.  I have a couple of review obligations but other than that my time here will be scarce.  I am also praying into my vision for the blog for the coming year and a possible simplified design.

I’m going to try to just peek in on social media every now and then and allow myself some space, away from all of the noise.  My heart is hurting and I need to reconcile some things, and I need a touch from God and our family needs emotional healing.  If there is one thing I don’t want to neglect during this busy holiday season it’s my family.

Although I can easily allow myself to be overcome by grief and despair, I am making the decision to allow myself to be overcome by God, His presence and my family who I adore beyond measure.

I pray you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving. Allow yourself to be overcome by the things that matter.

Allow yourself to be overcome by the things that matter. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

This is day 27 of my series on 31 Peeks into the Beauty of God. I am sharing mostly on Instagram, except for Mondays when I share here for the link up. I would love to have you join me at @barbieswihart.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #711-720

711.  The courage to admit I’m hurting.
712.  Admitting that I can’t heal alone.
713.  Even in the silence, I choose to believe my husband still loves me.
714.  Even though my kids don’t show it, I choose to believe they love me.
715.  Choosing to believe God loves me, even though I feel less than.
716.  The courage to allow myself to forgive.
717.  Encouraging texts and emails from friends who continue to pray.
718.  The courage to admit I’m a control freak.
719.  A spur of the moment kitchen remodel that had me angry but is going to be okay.
720.  Realizing there is so much to be thankful for.

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.

Lesley
    November 20, 2017 at 12:27 am

It’s so easy to let circumstances and emotions overcome us, but I love your decision to be overcome by God.
    Praying for you as you take a break and for healing for you and your family as you work things through. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

Rachelle Craig
    November 20, 2017 at 4:21 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Barbie. I love your transparency and your heart for God. Your kindness has been such a blessing to me. Thank you! You have been and will remain in my prayers.

Patricia Krank
    November 20, 2017 at 4:36 am

I understand the emotions you’re feeling Barbie. I’ve been there. Thank you for your transparency as admitting our faults to one another is the beginning of healing. I hope that in your time of seeking God He truly will overcome you in an amazing way. I pray that He will reveal the things that need to fall away and replace them with more of Him. Praying for a fresh touch of His spirit and freedom from the emotions that weigh you down. God is faithful and He will meet you in your broken place when you run to Him. Blessings friend, Patti

Debbie Putman
    November 20, 2017 at 5:01 am

Barbie, thank you for sharing your heart. Your words always encourage, and I appreciate the link you provide each week. Lord, I lift Barbie to you. Overcome her with Your presence, peace, and love. Fill her with wisdom, and the fruits of the Spirit. Bless this time of reflection and seeking with healing as she sits at Your feet. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Barbara H.
    November 20, 2017 at 5:36 am

I’m sorry for all that’s going on. May God give you grace, peace and healing.

Michele Morin
    November 20, 2017 at 5:39 am

You’re so wise to listen to your heart and to give yourself time away.
    Blessings to you!

Sarah Geringer
    November 20, 2017 at 7:52 am

I’m sorry to hear you are struggling. But your thankful list today is so honest, and I’m sure God is pleased by it. Thank you for hosting the linkup faithfully. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Lisa notes
    November 20, 2017 at 8:25 am

I respect your decision to step away from the online world for a season to focus on your real-life world. That’s always the most important thing. May God give you restoration and grace as your family heals. Blessings to you, Barbie!

Joanne Viola
    November 20, 2017 at 9:32 am

May God bless you and your family as you obey His call to step away for a bit.

Bev @ Walking Well With God
    November 20, 2017 at 12:00 pm

Barbie,
    I think we all need to listen to God’s calling to step away at times. It is hard to minister to others when our own heart needs ministering to. Be still and know He’s waiting for you and you are loved!
    Blessings,
    Bev xx

Donna Reidland
    November 20, 2017 at 1:05 pm

Praying you find some rest and refreshment for your soul! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Trudy
    November 20, 2017 at 1:45 pm

I’m so sorry, Barbie. It’s a wise decision to take a break from social media. I pray you have a rest-filled time for body, mind, and spirit. Also that God heals you and your family. Thank you for being so honest. It helps me to feel less alone in that “not enough” feeling, and I’m sure many others. Thanksgiving blessings and hugs!

BettieG
    November 20, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Dear Barbie, I am praying so much for you during this time. May you feel the Lord’s Blessing on you as HE is the one who is calling you to come away with Him, to hear precious words of encouragement. I am so thankful for the way that you always point us back to Him, even in the midst of your own hard times. Blessings and Love to you!

Mary Geisen
    November 21, 2017 at 6:14 am

Praying for you and your family during this season and always. God hears your heart and your vulnerability in this community will be blessed. Love you dearly!

Jennifer
    November 21, 2017 at 6:52 am

Amen for courage – to voice your struggles and the confidence it gives so you can press on, lean deeper on the Savior and anticipate all that He can do….for us and through us! Praying that this Thanksgiving week will be especially restful and a chance to enjoy all those around you. Thanks for blogging – and counting your blessings here!

Rachel Lee
    November 21, 2017 at 6:53 am

Praying for you Barbie! Thank you for your willingness to be vulnerable. Praying you find comfort, healing and much-needed rest and refreshment during this time. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

sue
    November 21, 2017 at 8:02 am

I think it’s easy to think we can’t step away because we may miss out or let someone down or get behind- whatever that means. So pray for peace as you separate for soul’s sake – there is no missing out or getting behind in God’s shepherding, and you are a wise sheep. Blessings on your respite.