Sing Because You Have A Song // Glimpses Link Up

It has taken me some time to realize that I had a voice worth hearing.  When I was a little girl, I was afraid to speak my opinion because it was always shut down by the older brother and sister. Growing up as a teen, my voice became those of others — I spoke what I felt people wanted to hear and really didn’t have any opinions of my own.  It wasn’t until I met Christ that I began to find the voice He had given to me.  Although singing never came naturally to me, I began to sing a lot more after accepting Christ into my life.

I love to sing, but I have to work at it to make it a “joyful noise”.  My kids, on the other hand, have all been gifted with angelic voices and lead worship, using their voices to glorify God.  No matter how the song comes out, when I allow myself to get into the presence of God and worship Him, nothing else really seems to matter.

I was reflecting a while back on the birds, how I love to wake up in the morning and hear their generous displays of singing.  I have always wondered why they sing as they do.  But now I realize they are simply using the voice God gave them to create the song that is inside of them.  If for no other reason, they sing because they can’t help it.

Whether you think you can sing well or not, use your voice today to sing the song that God has put inside of you.  You may be walking through a rough patch, experiencing physical pain in your body, or just overcome with grief in one way or another.  Don’t look for the answers before you sing.  Don’t wait for the blessing to come.  Sing because there is a song inside of you.  I promise you that your challenges will appear much smaller the more you worship Him.

Don't wait for the blessing to come. Sing because there is a song inside of you. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

This is day 25 of my series on 31 Peeks into the Beauty of God. I am sharing mostly on Instagram, except for Mondays when I share here for the link up. I would love to have you join me at @barbieswihart.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #691-700

691.  A new Bible for review.
692.  The purchase of a few more Christmas gifts.
693.  Lighter mornings due to setting our clocks back.
694.  The ability to turn on the heater on a cold morning.
695.  A homemade protein smoothie to start my morning right.
696.  My lap dog who is always by my side.
697.  A successful gallbladder removal surgery.
698.  Beautiful flowers to speed my healing.
699.  Well meaning texts and prayers from friends.
700.  Hot tea on a cold morning.

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.

1. I’m thankful you share your voice here, Barbie. Your words always encourage.

2. YES!
    When I hear birdsong, one of the thoughts that always comes to my mind is their ability to just do what God gave them to do without stifling it or comparing it to another bird’s voice.
    We have so much to learn!

3. Lesley says:

I’m glad you’ve been able to find your voice. I always love reading your reflections here. Each of us has a unique voice and something valuable to contribute and the birds are a great reminder of that. So glad your surgery went well!

4. BettieG says:

Dear Barbie,
    You are such an encouragement as you share your “songs” here with us! Thank you for creating a safe place for us to share our own stories from the Lord also. And I’m so thankful to know that the surgery was a success as I was praying for you!

5. Barbara H. says:

I love this about the birds “simply using the voice God gave them to create the song that is inside of them.” May we use our voices that way, too.

6. Hi Barbie! I love watching the birds at the porch-mounted feeders in the wintertime. Their quiet pecking isn’t as bright and playful as their summertime songs, but it is soothing and peaceful to me. Any voice we offer to God is beautiful to his hearing! I hope you’ll hop over to my blog this week and enter the 12-book giveaway, friend. Blessings to you!

7. Barbie,
    I can’t carry a tune in a bucket lol, but I love lifting my voice (like the birds) because I have a song of praise to sing to my Lord. Love the analogy and keep on singing girl!!
    Blessings,
    Bev xx

8. Wanda says:

Thank you Barbie, for the encouragement/reminder to simply use what we have in service to God. I’ll be reminded of your words when I hear the chirping birds.

9. Mary Geisen says:

I love singing and worship is one of my favorite things to do. There is such freedom and blessing in making a joyful noise unto the Lord! I love this —> Don’t wait for the blessing, sing because there is a song inside of you. Beautiful post!

10. Rachel Lee says:

“Sing because there is a song inside of you.” LOVE THIS! <3
    With Jesus there is always a reason to sing!

Beautiful words, my friend. 🙂

11. Trudy says:

I’m so glad you found your voice, Barbie. It is evident in your writing. You bring lots of encouragement to us by being transparent and pointing us to our only Hope. I’m glad, too, that your gall bladder surgery went well. Love and hugs to you!

12. Gayl says:

“Don’t look for the answers before you sing. Don’t wait for the blessing to come. Sing because there is a song inside of you.” I love this, Barbie!

13. Lisa notes says:

I don’t think I have much of a voice either, but either way, God wants to hear it! So I’m grateful for that. Thanks for encouraging us to sing anyway. 🙂

14. Tammy says:

I’m glad God says to make a joyful noise. 😉 Thank you for sharing!

15. Joined your link up a little late from another blog post. I loved your story about singing. I am so glad the Lord gives us a voice.

16. A family member made a comment about my singing when I was a child, so for many years, I was very self-conscious. One day I just decided to sing as you said with the voice God gave me! And guess what, it’s not so bad! 🙂

17. June says:

I’m so proud of you for following this series through until the end, Barbie! I pray you are healing well from your surgery.