Sing Because You Have A Song // Glimpses Link Up
It has taken me some time to realize that I had a voice worth hearing. When I was a little girl, I was afraid to speak my opinion because it was always shut down by the older brother and sister. Growing up as a teen, my voice became those of others — I spoke what I felt people wanted to hear and really didn’t have any opinions of my own. It wasn’t until I met Christ that I began to find the voice He had given to me. Although singing never came naturally to me, I began to sing a lot more after accepting Christ into my life.
I love to sing, but I have to work at it to make it a “joyful noise”. My kids, on the other hand, have all been gifted with angelic voices and lead worship, using their voices to glorify God. No matter how the song comes out, when I allow myself to get into the presence of God and worship Him, nothing else really seems to matter.
I was reflecting a while back on the birds, how I love to wake up in the morning and hear their generous displays of singing. I have always wondered why they sing as they do. But now I realize they are simply using the voice God gave them to create the song that is inside of them. If for no other reason, they sing because they can’t help it.
Whether you think you can sing well or not, use your voice today to sing the song that God has put inside of you. You may be walking through a rough patch, experiencing physical pain in your body, or just overcome with grief in one way or another. Don’t look for the answers before you sing. Don’t wait for the blessing to come. Sing because there is a song inside of you. I promise you that your challenges will appear much smaller the more you worship Him.Don't wait for the blessing to come. Sing because there is a song inside of you. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
This is day 25 of my series on 31 Peeks into the Beauty of God. I am sharing mostly on Instagram, except for Mondays when I share here for the link up. I would love to have you join me at @barbieswihart.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
691. A new Bible for review.
692. The purchase of a few more Christmas gifts.
693. Lighter mornings due to setting our clocks back.
694. The ability to turn on the heater on a cold morning.
695. A homemade protein smoothie to start my morning right.
696. My lap dog who is always by my side.
697. A successful gallbladder removal surgery.
698. Beautiful flowers to speed my healing.
699. Well meaning texts and prayers from friends.
700. Hot tea on a cold morning.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.