Just Some Random Thoughts // Glimpses Link Up
If you’ve stopped by to read, comment or link up, thank you!
I’ve missed you so much over these last few weeks, but so needed the time away. Although I’m not feeling 100% on par just yet, you all have been so full of grace that I know whenever I do manage to get something written someone will be here to encourage my heart.
I’m having a hard time getting my brain to function with all of the jumbled thoughts so today is just a random post with some things I’m thinking about.
Don’t let your light go out. I sat in a great sermon today where the pastor was sharing out of Luke and how the name Luke means “light giving”. He was adamant that no matter how hard life gets, that we do not let our light go out. We are the only Jesus some people will ever know and so it’s important that even though we grief and struggle that we continue to share the light of Christ with others.
Simplifying takes a lot of energy. I have goals with this whole call to simplify this year, but I’m finding that I lack the energy to follow though. A good on line friend once challenged me to “finish what I start”, and that has stuck with me for a bit. I have to be careful in this quest to simplify that I don’t work too hard to accomplish everything all at once. Baby steps. I have 6 bags of clothes I bagged up just after Christmas and they are still sitting on my bedroom floor. Lord knowns I need to follow through.
Reading devotional plans on You Version is not a short cut to reading God’s Word. It is God’s Word. I’m learning to fall in love with God’s Word again using the You Version app on my phone. I’ve been about 90% consistent and for that I am proud. Part of me felt that I was short changing God by using the app and not sitting down in a quiet place for an hour for a more in-depth time. But God knows what I can handle and I still believe He’s smiling down on me.God knows what I can handle and I still believe He's smiling down on me. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
Being open and honest about depression and anxiety has allowed me to begin to heal. I go through seasons where I just want to tuck that part of me away. But I’ve lived with this probably since I was a teenager and it’s not something I can hide anymore. Just knowing I am vulnerable and prone to this is helping me to reach out and grab hold of my healing.Being open and honest about depression and anxiety has allowed me to take steps towards accepting God's healing. #glimpseofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
How about you my friend? What would you like to share with me today?
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
761. My Keurig coffee machine. Saving $$ on coffee!
762. New recipes for dinner that are a hit with the family.
763. Bifocals which allow me to see better at the computer, reading and driving.
764. My phone and the You Version App which helps me to read His Word every day.
765. Continual free kindle downloads for the Kindle Fire.
766. Reconnecting with old friends.
767. Grace and space extended.
768. Devotionals with manageable bite-sized, but power packed nuggets.
769. My comfy Cuddle Duds socks.
770. Learning to accept my imperfections.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.