I Am No Victim // Glimpses Link Up
My daughter led a song that is new to me at church this morning. It is called I Am No Victim by Kristene DiMarco (Bethel Music). This song touched me deeply this morning as I thought about how it’s so easy to give into the lie that I am a victim. We can be so consumed by the hurt and pain we’ve endured in life that we can assume a victim mentality. We can so easily become a victim to our circumstances, held back by fear, unable to move forward in faith. But I am not a victim. I can walk forward in the freedom that is mine in Christ Jesus.
I am not a victim. I can walk forward in the freedom that is mine in Christ Jesus. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
Sometimes the pain I carry is self inflicted, as I buy into the lies of the enemy that fill my head and prevent the truth of God’s Word from seeping in. But this song, it resonated with my heart as I am walking through a season of finding hope, healing and purpose once again.
I am not a victim of my circumstances. His plans for me are good. He turns my mourning into praise. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
He is my Father, I do not wonder
If His plans for me are good
If He’ll come through like He should
‘Cause He is provision and enough wisdom
To usher in my brightest days
To turn my mourning into praise
I am who He says I am
He is who He says He is
I’m defined by all His promises
Shaped by every word He says
Take a moment to listen to this song. I hope that it blesses you as much as it did me.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
791. Deuteronomy 33:12.
792. A new vertical planner for my daily scripture writing.
793. Sharing and vulnerability among friends.
794. Notes in the mail that remind me I’m not forgotten.
795. Both my teens making mostly A’s & B’s this semester. (Just one C.)
796. Our dryer no longer makes that annoying noise!
797. Almost a full week of dinners planned.
798. Worship music that brings healing.
799. A new purse that will hold my 3 pairs of bifocals and more!
800. He turns my mourning into praise!
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.