When I Fix My Eyes // Glimpses Link Up
This last week I began a new journey of scripture writing. I have seen others post about it on social media but it wasn’t until a blogger I follow began writing again and sharing her scripture writing that God tugged on my heart that I needed to do it.
When January 1st came around I was like so many people. I told myself I was going to be in God’s Word every day. Well here we are early February and I’m still struggling, but the scripture writing (although it hasn’t been perfect) has given me a keen awareness of God’s presence in my every day.
When I purposely fix my eyes on Him, I walk in peace. When my heart is set on Him, I am filled to overflowing. When I meditate upon the Lord, I am reminded of who He is in the midst of hard circumstances.When I meditate upon the Lord, I am reminded of who He is in the midst of hard circumstances. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
One of the scriptures I wrote and meditated on this week was Psalm 119:15.
I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. (ESV)
Curiosity got me and I looked up the scripture in a few different translations:
I will think about Your Law and have respect for Your ways. (NLT)
I set my heart on your precepts and pay close attention to all your ways. (Passion)
I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you, I attentively watch how you’ve done it. (Message)
One great thing that has come through scripture writing is that it is causing me to stop and meditate on God’s Word more. I think about the scriptures I am writing all day long. I ponder them in my heart and ask God to open His Word to my understanding. Scripture writing has become an essential part of my day.
How about you my friend. How are you meditating on scripture these days? Are you writing them down? I would love to hear more.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
801. Unseasonably warm weather.
802. Vitamin C Smoothies.
803. Pretty, faith-filled stickers for my scripture writing planner.
804. The smell of essential oils working on tired muscles.
805. Isaiah 26:3
806. Encouraging friends through text messages.
807. Glimpses of His beauty when the sun sets.
808. Psalm 43:5
809. A growing pen collection for my scripture writing and journaling.
810. Insurance checks that arrive just in time.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.