I Am Never Lost // Glimpses Link Up

My daughter introduced me to a song a few weeks ago.  The first time I listened to it was via YouTube and a worship singer (with an AMAZing voice) from The Upper Room was singing it. I was immediately drawn into worship.  I listened to it two or three times that morning as my daughter was preparing to lead the song in a couple of weeks at church.

And then it dawned on me. This same song is written and sang by Rita Springer on her new album, Battles.  So I immediately downloaded the entire album (thank you iTunes monthly subscription) and it has been on repeat pretty much since.

What grips me about this song is how great a defender God really is. He goes before us into battle and comes back with the head of the enemy. His love truly is our greatest defense.  No matter what we are facing we can rest assured that with God we will come through it.

No matter what we are facing we can rest assured that with God we will come through it. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

This song truly impacted my heart on the importance of worship, and having a heart always turned toward Jesus. It reminded me that during my most intense battles, all I really need to do is to worship Him, to praise and to remain still and watch what He will do.

Photo by Lua Valentia on Unsplash

In the mix of the battle lyrics and the reminders to praise and to be still is a bridge that I cannot get through without my heart becoming completely undone and the dam of tears bursting.  It’s in this bridge where I’ve come to know and understand the heart of God towards me.  Even when I feel lost, when I can’t seem to find my way, when I don’t understand my worth and value, God knows. He takes me by the hand and reintroduces me to His perfect love. He picks up all of the pieces of my life and puts me back together again. He defends my heart.

When I thought I lost me
You knew where I left me
You reintroduced me to Your love
You picked up all my pieces
Put me back together
You are the defender of my heart

This right here…I must understand the truth behind these words if I am to fully know Him as my Defender.  When your heart is broken, and you are weary with life; when you don’t know what the future holds; when you fight anxiety and depression on a daily basis; when you wonder what else there is in life…you must be able to grab hold of the simple truth that there is a God who loves you, who even though you feel lost, knows exactly where you are.

He promises to pick me up, every broken piece, and put me back together again. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

You know before I do
Where my heart can seek to find Your truth
Your mercy is the shade I’m living in
You restore my faith and hope again

Take a moment to listen to the Upper Room’s version of this song, and also to the version from Rita’s album Battles. You will be glad you did.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #821-830

821.  Writing scripture in the early mornings
822.  Psalm 84.
823.  Red Jello.
824.  Peppermint Tea for my Keurig.
825.  Hard conversations with trusting friends.
826.  A hand drawn Valentines card from my hubby.
827.  Pretty flowers for my table.
828.  That He always knows where I am, even if I don’t.
829.  Psalm 139:5
830.  Finding the code for my car’s security system (now my backup camera works!)

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.

1. Lesley says:

Thanks for the introduction to this lovely song. I haven’t heard this one before.

2. Boma says:

“Defender of my heart”. “When I thought I lost me, You knew where I left me”. And, underneath are the everlasting arms. Thanks very much for this reminder, Barbie. Blessings to you.

3. I love the way you open your heart to music and lyrics.

4. Barbie,
    What a beautiful music video….all I need to do is pray, worship, bow down, and be still and He does it all. He is my defender….Amen. Had a bad case of anxiety this weekend and God had to draw me in and get me to rest and remind me that the battle belongs to Him. So thankful we have a God who fights for us. Beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Bev xx

5. Diana says:

I am planning on listening to this song and find my soul to worship the Defender. Being still is something I need to practice daily as part of my worship for God as well. Thank you for these amazing pointers

• Barbie says:

Me too. Stillness is hard for me. It’s more of a mindset for me than lack of motion. I could be sitting still and not really being still. Thanks for stopping by Diana.

6. Joanne Viola says:

Barbie, I am so grateful for the tender way our God holds our hearts in His hands. This is the second time this morning to read a similar thought. God knows His people need the reminder. Our hearts may experience pain, yet He is faithful to us in the midst of it. Thank you for sharing the song!

7. Learning to surrender is beautiful. Thank you for this.

8. Love this Barbie. I had never heard it.

9. Barbara H. says:

I love how God sends something that just perfectly speaks to the need of our hearts at just the right time.

10. Joy Lenton says:

Barbie, it’s inspiring to see how God is leading you on your faith journey and the encouragement you are receiving. In sharing your struggles, and what helps you to overcome them, you are being an instrument of grace and a means of blessing to all who read your heartfelt words, especially these: “there is a God who loves you, who even though you feel lost, knows exactly where you are.” Amen! What a wonderful Truth that is. Blessings and hugs to you, my friend. xo

11. Great reminders for us all, Barbie. I always appreciate your gratitude list. I like #830. It sounds like something I’d be grateful for … that and GPS. I think God invented it just for me. I have the world’s worst sense of direction! Blessings to you this week and thanks for hosting.

12. ~Karrilee~ says:

Uh… #itoldyouso! 😉 So glad you (finally) got this whole album in your spirit! (It’s STILL on replay around here!)

13. BettieG says:

Oh, yes, I love this song, both versions! I have been listening to them both a lot also. And, I agree with you that it makes so much difference when we can really know that God does see us, and knows right where we are!

14. Michelle says:

Thank you for sharing this! I’ve not heard it before, but will be listening again and again!

15. Mary Geisen says:

I have heard this song before but what a joy to listen to it this morning. Thank you for sharing. God is working in you and I love watching it unfold.

16. Rachel Lee says:

Beautiful sentiments, Barbie! I love reading through your list of glimpses each week. Some of them leave me wondering about the story behind them- red jello for instance. Must be a favorite? 🙂

17. Lisa notes says:

Thanks for sharing this song, Barbie. It’s new to me. I love Rita Springer’s music because her lyrics are actually wordy. 🙂 I love a good message in our songs!

18. June says:

If we were sitting together over coffee, you would notice that my eyes are a little moist and that I’m about to come around the table and give you a big hug. I love the way that God is waking you up to His love and your true value, sweet friend. You are one of the bravest people I know. Blessings on your week, dear one.

• Barbie says:

Oh June! How I can feel your prayers and your hugs! You are one of my greatest encouragers and I so value our online friendship. Love you much!