Hope For The Weary // Five Minute Friday

It’s that time again, where I get to join the beautiful community of Five Minute Friday writers.  Each week we write for just five minutes on a word prompt. No editing or overthinking.  No worrying about perfection. Just words freely flowing from our heart to yours.  If you’ve never written a Five Minute Friday post, you should. It’s easier than you think (but sometimes a little hard).

This week’s prompt is:

To say that I am tired is an understatement. The last few days work has been very difficult as I’ve fought to keep my eyes open. Not getting enough sleep generally, together with Fibromyalgia pain, depression & anxiety, as well as some pretty heavy personal issues have not made for restful nights.  I know that I need to get more sleep, but the evenings, after all have gone to bed, are the “me” times that I so desperately need.  But at what expense? When you get to be my age, not getting adequate sleep will wage war on your physical body, your mind, will and emotions — not to mention how it affects our thinking. I tend to have much more “stinkin thinking” thoughts than when I’ve had a good night’s sleep.

Some days it’s all I can do to read the next verse in my scripture writing and ask God to breathe hope and life into my spirit once again. The load I carry is too heavy for me, and I am thankful that God does not call me to carry it.  He calls me to lay my burdens down so that I can be free.

God calls me to lay my burdens down so that I can be free. #fiveminutefriday Click To Tweet

I feel as if my life currently lacks growth. I feel weak and worn out most days. As my soul languishes in it’s current state, I am thankful for the promise that He will satisfy the weary and replenish the languishing souls.  I know I must do my part, but until I can, I am thankful for fresh infusions of His love and grace.

1. Tara says:

Praying you find some refreshing rest soon.

2. Annette says:

oh… I hear you my dear… I hear you. Tiredness helps no one does it? So thankful for the breathers. 🙂

3. Martha Brady says:

i have been and often am there barbie. the scripture passage i included in my post is also an encouraging one. (i’m at #44) blessings as you sort out a way to bring balance to your life. in recent years it has been a struggle for me as well.

4. Barbie, you’re in my prayers. Your words have so often been a beacon of faith and hope for me, and for all of your loving and devoted followers.

You’re appreciated, loved, and precious to us all.

5. Janis Cox says:

oh Barbie,
    I’m sorry that you are feeling so down. Certainly, you have hit one solution – rest. And I know that may mean less “me” time but in the end, you will have it if you let your body revive. Praying for a revival.
    #55 FMF

6. Hi Barbie – I appreciate your post (and thanks for stopping by my place today, too!). I can relate to that “lacks growth” feeling in my life right now too. But I look out my window and see the snow and think yes, but there are plants under the snow that are just waiting to burst forth in a few weeks. And the trees are bare but soon they’ll be full of leaves. So I guess I just trust (as you say) in God’s grace and in the knowledge that He is replenishing our souls all the time, even when it doesn’t look like it. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. I appreciate your vulnerability.

7. Rebekah says:

Visiting back from this week’s FMF. And such a good message of comfort and strength. Bless you!

8. Mary Hood says:

I love that scripture in Jeremiah. Age, pain and stress, life has all of it. Praying for you today. Sometimes relief is in telling our story. Thanks for sharing yours. And thanks for reading mine at #73.

9. ~Karrilee~ says:

Praying for you, friend! Be Still and Know…

10. Wow! There certainly is a lot on your plate. But you do not have more than God can handle. Thank you for the reminder that women “our age” need sleep. I’ve been burning the candle at both ends—again. One day I’ll learn that I get more done throughout the day when I sleep at night. 🙂 So again, Thanks, I needed that!

11. Thinking of you with love and prayers. As you’ve come alongside me…so, I want to with you. I’ll be lifting you to the Lord on prayer.

12. Jennifer says:

Inadequate sleep does come with a price! Even with all the load that you bear….your posts are meaningful and even encouraging. Thanks for continuing to write. Praying the week ahead is a blessed one!!