I want to live each and every day knowing that the grace of God is with me, holding my head high as I recognize his unmerited favor upon my life. What does it look like to walk in His grace? I picture a ballerina, gliding ever so gracefully, never missing a step, yet all the while leaning into her partner for strength and support.
When I grow weary on this journey, I lean into the One who gives me strength, recognizing that I cannot take another step without Him. I long to dance through life elegantly with refinement of steps. But mine are heavy, leaving clear marks upon the trodden path where I must continually stop and call on the strength of the One who offers it freely.
When I feel as if my strength is almost gone, I realize that I am the one leaning, being carried through life by waves of grace. My groans are deep, the cries loud. No one can hear them but Him. They come suddenly, without warning, often for no reason; deep and resounding cries from the unreachable places of my heart, a heart that is still experiencing pain, walking through disappointment, longing for lost dreams, trusting in an uncertain future and striving for a solid marriage.
I am comforted in the fact that my cries do not go unanswered. Each one is met with new mercies and unending grace. One moment I feel as if I’ve moved past these last few years where heartache was evident and tears came without a moment’s notice. The next moment I am yearning, longing for the chance to go back and have a do over, to do it better, to pray for a better outcome.
Although this season of loss and transition has been long and hard, I trust that He holds my future. When I cannot walk with my head held high, when breathing comes with heavy heart, and when the light appears dim, I know that He carries me. His waves of grace come up underneath me and sweep me along life’s path, carrying me through each season. I will again walk uprightly with my head held high, feeling the cool wind of His grace upon my back.
How is God carrying you along waves of grace? Please let me know how I can pray for you.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
331. Clean kitchen counters.
332. The sunshine peaking through dark clouds.
333. Hugs and kisses from my grandson.
334. Watching my daughter’s growing belly as she prepares to birth my 2nd grandson.
335. Outlet shopping with friends.
336. Unexpected cash gifts.
337. A broken and contrite heart He will not deny.
338. Worship that comforts the ache in my heart.
339. The freedom to worship Him.
340. Remembering His faithfulness along the way.
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.