Faith

Look At What He’s Done

Today, I am….
Looking back to what He’s already done.
Gaining strength to look forward with joy to what lies ahead.
Believing that beauty revealed in the past breathes hope for beauty yet to be.

The Lord has done great things for us. And we are filled with joy.
(Psalm 126:3 NIV)

Continuing to count,

Grace gifts 182-195

182.  Love. A God who loved me first, so that I could love Him back.
183.  Friendship. They have stuck with me through thick and thin.  Treasures in my life.
184.  Mentoring. Pastors, leaders, teachers.  They have helped to keep me on the path to fullness.
185.  Healing. He’s healed me before.  He will do it again.
186.  Shelter. The house He provided when we had to move.  I am thankful.
187.  Provision. Continuous provision despite an almost 2-year layoff for my husband.
188.  Family. Children, laughter, extended family near by.  We are blessed.
189.  Peace. His peace has carried me through the storms.
190.  Revelation. The way He quickens His Word and breathes life into my spirit.
191.  Joy. He’s turned my mourning into dancing.  For this I am grateful.
192.  Hope. I cling to Him, the Giver of Hope.  The Solid Rock on which I stand.
193.  Promises. Many fulfilled, many waiting to be fulfilled.  I look forward with joy.
194.  Trials. I have grown in these seasons.  I welcome them, but Lord give me strength.
195.  Beauty. My little boy, who reminded me this week that I am pretty.

I am linking up with A Holy Experience, as we count our gifts to 1,000.  Will you join me?  Or leave a comment here and let me how you are remembering his goodness towards you today.

9 thoughts on “Look At What He’s Done”

1. Janette Wright says:

Wonderful list…I nodded at some many in agreement.

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Janette!  I appreciate your visits!

2. Jennifer_StudioJRU says:

I love the way you wrote your beautiful list! Joy. He’s turned my mourning into dancing. That is so special and such a gift! Your little boy reminding you that you are pretty is the sweetest thing I have heard today! Love that! 🙂

1. Barbie says:

My son is the sweetest.  He is always pointing me back to the Father when I take my eyes off of Him.

3. Jami says:

thanks for reminding me to look at what He has already done!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for visiting Jami!

4. Joan says:

This is beautiful, Barbie. I think of you often – I know how difficult it must be with your husband’s layoff – yet God continues to provide.

I just finished a three-part series on my blog, writing about the time my husband had an 18-month period of unemployment. God was there…always. He provided.

Blessings,
    Joan

5. Barbie says:

Thank you Joan.  I am a little behind in my blog reading.  I am going to have to go back and make sure I am caught up on your journey!

6. charis says:

i really like your list ( i know i am a week behind in reading it!).  my favorite has to be that your son told you that you are beautiful.  so touching to a mama!