I had a whirlwind week last week. My 6th grader and I started homeschooling two weeks ago and well, last week we quit. We came to the decision together that homeschooling, at least in this season in our lives, was not the best for her. So on Wednesday, she will be starting public school with her brother. Needless to say, she’s extremely excited and I am relieved. It was a struggle. And because I work full time it was almost impossible to get all of her assignments completed in one day. I still have hopes of homeschooling her. I know in God’s perfect timing it will happen.
I didn’t write down anything last week that I was thankful for and considered skipping the link up this morning. But, I know that God has given to me moments of beauty that have made an impression in my mind and on my heart. Those are the gifts that I celebrate today.
Grace Gifts 253-263
253. No longer struggling to make something work that was not in God’s timing.
254. Excited children as we finish up back to school shopping today.
255. The discovery of Easy Lunch Boxes! I can’t wait to see how these work out for my kids.
256. Coming home to a clean house!
257. Beautiful skies that take my breath away.
258. Still moments in the late evening to spend with my Savior.
259. A reminder that it’s “not by might, nor by power, but by His Spirit”.
260. Lost toys found underneath the couch.
261. The grace to fast and pray.
262. Sleeping in!
263. Safety of friends and loved ones as Hurricane Irene came and went.
*And praying for families of loved ones lost.
I am linking up with A Holy Experience today, where we are counting our gifts to 1,000. Will you join us? Or leave me a comment here and tell me one beautiful moment that you shared with God last week.