His grace is great enough to meet the small things; the little pin-prick troubles that annoy, the insect worries, buzzing and persistent, the squeaking wheels that grate upon our joy. –Annie Johnson Flint
Last week, during my 5 Minute Friday writing exercise, God reminded me that His grace is sufficient. He has called me to rest. He promises rest to those who are weary and heavy of heart. But rest will only come to me when I first surrender my cares back to Him.
I’ve been on this journey of 1000 gifts for a while now, and as I’ve gone back to review my graces, I am finding that I am not digging deep enough. I am not truly seeing with the eyes of grace. Perhaps it’s because I am holding on. Holding on to what I can see, and refusing to let go and trust God with what I cannot see.
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT)
His grace is enough. I am weak. But He understands my weakness. I am not supposed to live my life in my own strength and power. It is a partnership with the One who is able. The One whose strength is made perfect in my weakness. So once again I come, with hands wide open and a heart of surrender, asking Him to take these things that I am holding on to. These things that steal my joy and blind my eyes to the beauty that is all around me.
Grace gifts 264-275
264. The reminder that His grace is enough.
265. Learning that to surrender is to rest.
266. Learning to be content.
267. The reminder that in Him I lack nothing.
268. The desire to do what I must to be healthy.
269. Teaching preschoolers to build their house on the Rock. A reminder to myself.
270. The joy in watching young faces light up at the smallest, seemingly insignificant things.
271. Blessing a friend and her children with dinner last night.
272. The desire to make lists and be better organized.
273. The praise report received last week of a friends neighbor who’s cancer is in remission.
274. Another report where doctor’s say “the spot on your lungs is gone”.
275. Resting. Ceasing from my striving.
I am linking up with Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience today. Will you join me there? Or leave a comment here letting me know how you are resting in His grace today.