Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: I Will Not Be Shaken

I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8)

I will fix my eyes on You, oh Lord, for You alone are my help.  You keep me safe, under the shadow of Your wings.  You walk near to me and I will not be shaken. You have set my feet upon a rock, and I will not be moved.  Thank you for the beautiful way that You lead me to safety.  You alone are my refuge.  I will trust in You.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary. Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

22 thoughts on “The Weekend Brew: I Will Not Be Shaken”

1. Amanda says:

That is the prettiest purple flower peeking through the leaves!! Love the photo and the verse ~ keeping our eyes on the Lord, so we will not be shaken! I look forward to this Sunday link-up each week, what a beautiful community to be a part of 🙂 Have a blessed day!!
    Amanda recently posted..Sweet, Simple Saturday ~ From the Beach

2. Jen says:

Such a powerful petition to Our Loving Father! It’s not that bad things won’t come….but that in and through them…”We will not be shaken!” Amen, Barbie!! Yes, a BIG Amen!
    Jen recently posted..Thanksgiving. In Pictures.

3. Deb says:

Ms. Barbie, I know you don’t know me well…but it just made my heart happy to visit you this morning simply because of that bright purple flower…..my favorite color!!! Thanks for letting me join in and HOPE that your SONday is blessed!!!
    Deb recently posted..SONday Morning – Not For A Moment!!!

4. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    This is the first time I am joining the Freshly Brewed Community and I want to thank you for this honor. Oh yes, under His wings, in the coolness of His shadow, is the most wonderful place to be! I am so grateful for His wonderful gift of trust He gives us without measure!
    Much love and blessings
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..A Groom like No Other

5. Laurie Collett says:

Amen! If we keep our eyes fixed on Him, we will never be shaken. Gorgeous photo! Thanks for the great post and for hosting, & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Running from Death

6. Jennifer {StudioJRU} says:

This is beautiful, Barbie. And that image is amazing. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!
    Jennifer {StudioJRU} recently posted..good.

7. Jennifer says:

How pretty! My daughter loves all things purple.
    I’ve added your button to my links page. 🙂
    Jennifer recently posted..Scripture and a Snapshot

8. Mary @ Woman to Woman says:

Thank you Barbie, for sharing this verse. I love how God so lovingly supplies our needs, and I NEEDED these encouraging words today. (I’m feeling a bit ‘shaken’!) Thanks also for the beautiful picture…it made me smile! I’m so glad you stopped by Woman to Woman. Blessings to you!
    Mary @ Woman to Woman recently posted..From My Heart To Yours

9. Lisa J says:

Great verse! Thank you.

10. Pam says:

This word speaks to me greatly at the moment. Fear is trying to take my focus, but I will keep my eyes on Him, my helper and provider. Thanks for the reminder and encouraging post!