Faith

Return To Me And Rest

“Only in returning to me
    and resting in me will you be saved.
In quietness and confidence is your strength.”
(Isaiah 30:15 NLT)

Return to Me, My Child.  I see you in your striving.  You move from room to room, from place to place, from task to task seeking perfection, but at your own doing.  You labor, all good things, yet how soon you forget that it’s a partnership, you and Me.  For apart from Me, you can do no good thing.  Will you come to me again, My child, and allow me to lift the shame, the guilt, the need to please, the desire to be perfect from You?

I have come to offer you My rest, yet instead you say, “just a moment” or “when I’m done with this one last thing.”  And the rest never comes.  Oh, you may sit for a bit, but your mind is racing and your heart is broken at the failures you see in yourself every day. Your heart will never truly be at rest until you cease from your striving, lay down your selfish ways, and realize that you are in need of Me.

I want you to learn to cultivate a heart of stillness, to posture yourself at my feet, and to listen to my instruction.  For my law is there for Your good.  Will you come and allow Me to enlighten my Word in your heart?  I want you to learn to live a life from the overflow, overflowing with My goodness and grace, but you cannot do that unless you learn to be still, to sit and ponder My Words in your heart.

It’s only when you come in your weakness and brokenness and admit that you need Me that you will find Me.  There is nothing that you can do alone that will give you the strength and confidence to accomplish all that you have on your plate each day.  I know that you are feeling weak and weary, but remember that my power is perfected in your weakness.  I love your weak yes!  I would much rather have you in your weakened and humbled state, than full of pride and arrogance.  It’s through a weak and humbled heart that I work best.

My child, Never forget My love for you.  Even during those times when you choose to turn away from me, my love still seeks after you.  I will never leave you and I will never forsake you.  But how much easier would your life be if you would only enter into partnership with me from the rising of the sun through it’s setting.

Come, My child and return to me and rest.

Linking up with Jane of Girl Meets Paper today for Monday Morning Mediation.

Also linking up with these beautiful communities:

Beauty in His Grip Button

25 thoughts on “Return To Me And Rest”

1. Helen Tisdale says:

Barbie! What a wonderful post by you for all of us who fight against the “rest!” I noticed myself this morning, after being afflicted over a week, where I had NO CHOICE , but to rest! Then feeling so much better this morning, HERE (I) GO! In myself! I know there’s a lesson to be learned in all of my experiences. I pray that God would find me no longer resisting the struggle to stop & rest! Thankyou Barbie for sharing your heart! Thankyou for sharing your gift! Thankyou for sharing your love to me; a friendship I cannot even put into words!

1. Barbie says:

I love you my friend! Thank for your encouragement!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks so much for stopping by today Chelle. Looking forward to hopping over to your blog for a visit!

2. Melanie Wilson @psychowith6 says:

I love that you identify how we treat God like a pestering child. Then you touch on our pride–a huge problem. We could have hundreds of blogs dedicated to the problem of pride and there would be more to be said. I’m sure I have no idea how much of a problem it is in my life. Your post dovetails well with Deb’s on the importance of sleep.
    Melanie Wilson @psychowith6 recently posted..Cancel Your Good Girl Contract

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Melanie! I think my pride rears it’s ugly head more often than I think it does. Blessings!

3. Stephani says:

Absolutely beautiful Barbie! Words spoken from our Lord right to my heart. I needed this!
    Stephani recently posted..Hectic Heaping Helpings

4. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    Are you sure our Pappa spoke to you and not perhaps to me, for I am certain we had the same conversation not long ago!!!? Yes, my friend, it is a partnership, but we are so slow to learn!
    Much love
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Egyptolidolatry

1. Barbie says:

It’s such a privilege, that we get to partner with Him. Why do we resist Him? I am so thankful for His grace. Love to you my friend.

5. Ginger Harrington says:

Loved this post, Barbie. Experiencing God’s rest is an act of faith. Thanks for the reminders of how we fight it. I am reminded of this verse from Psalm 46–be still and know that I am God. I am so thankful we have a God who wants us to rest in Him! Hopped over from Studio JRU and joined in your hop. What fun!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Ginger! I can’t wait to hop over your way to say a formal “hello”!

6. Ashley Ditto says:

I have a habit of running myself around constantly, I forget to rest in Him. This post is a sweet reminder of that. Bless you, Barbie.
    Ashley Ditto recently posted..A Very Merry Birthday

1. Barbie says:

Oh if we would only stop and be still. How much more could we accomplish! Have a blessed week my friend!

7. Janice C. Johnson says:

Oh! Oh! My very favorite verse in the world! I mean, in the Word. How this post refreshes me… thank you for expressing our Lord’s heart so beautifully.
    Janice C. Johnson recently posted..Sisterhood Challenge

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Susan! I appreciate your visit and your comment. I look forward to stopping by your blog for a visit.

8. Kim | At Home With Kim says:

I think it is very hard to truly rest in the world we live in. I’m looking for ways to teach myself to do it….. Great great post!!
    Kim | At Home With Kim recently posted..Morning Moments {Link Up}

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Kim!

1. Barbie says:

I am learning. Life seems to get in the way. If I would only stop and be still more often, life would be so much easier!

9. Dolly@Soulstops says:

Dear Barbie,
    I can so relate…Recently sang this song this weekend and it speaks to what you just wrote so honestly about: not sure who the author is but here is part of the lyrics: “I’m restless till I rest in You, till I rest in You, O God… Tell me who You are, You are the keeper of my heart.” Yes, only in Him will be find the rest we need…hugs to you 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..What is one positive action you can take?

1. Barbie says:

That you for sharing the song! Yes, He alone is the Keeper of my heart!

10. Debbie says:

Barbie, what a beautiful post! What comes to my mind is Matthew 11:28-30. Yes, we can find rest for our weary souls …in Him.

Blessings and love my friend,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Motivation and Habits

11. Wanda says:

Reading this was like a fresh cool drink of water.
    Wanda recently posted..A Look Back

12. charis says:

this spoke straight to my heart right at this very moment. thank you.
    charis recently posted..when i am afraid

1. Barbie says:

So thankful for His timing!