Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Start Anew!

Today I want to encourage you with this simple truth:

Today is a new day.  Today, we start anew!

As I pray for you, I hear God whisper to my heart:

“My child, do not reflect on the past, or those things you feel you failed to accomplish.  Today is a new day and you get to start anew.  I have new dreams for you, new hopes, new desires.  I am putting them into your spirit right now.  But it’s up to you to search them out.  Let the past go!  The disappointment, the shortcomings, those things you just didn’t quite finish.  Perhaps I was leading you another way all along. Don’t live this day in regret, but look forward.  I am doing a new thing!  Take my hand, and walk with me as we start fresh, anew this day!”

Are you having a hard time letting go of yesterday?  I am praying that He will give you the grace to take His hand and move forward.

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.  (Isaiah 43:19)

Now it’s your turn! Link up a post that will encourage and breathe life to those who visit, and remember to share the love by visiting one or two of the others blogs who link up!  I don’t have a button yet, so please just link to this post.

(photo credit)

48 thoughts on “The Weekend Brew: Start Anew!”

1. Mia says:

Dearest Barbie
    These are words full of wisdom and pregnant with expectation. Yes, your new thing is a gift from His hand to us all.
    Much love, my friend, and a blessed weekend
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Dance of Desires

Thank you Mia!

2. Beth @ My Destiny says:

I have a post to share too. Where is Mr. Linky? And I agree with that word 100%. It is a new day. His mercies are new every morning and there is hope!

Much love!
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Mama taught me …

1. Barbie says:

Mr. Linky is having issues. It was there, but then when I got up this morning, it was gone. I went another route. Please try again!

2. Lisa says:

Beth- Ahhh Mine just popped up… I was looking for linky too 🙂 Until then I’ll just head over via your link in your comment 🙂
      Lisa recently posted..I. Return.

3. Angie @ Beauty of One says:

Happy New Year, Barbie! Wow, my post today so relates to this and the force of our expectations. Do you have a linky?
    Angie @ Beauty of One recently posted..unleash the force of expectation in 2013

1. Barbie says:

Angie, can’t wait to read your post. Mr. Linky deleted my link. Happening when you you upgrade Word. I went another route. Please try again!

4. Lisa says:

Ahhh Barbie- I totally needed this to encourage me to hit publish today. I have been fighting with my internal self on whether I was really hearing God’s okay to return to world of Facebook (even though He has confirmed and reconfirmed) and your post was the cherry on top. I LOVE your new blog look. Makes me also want to take the leap there… I am at the edge 🙂
    Lisa recently posted..I. Return.

1. Barbie says:

Lisa, I love your heart. Facebook is a hard place sometimes. You definately should take the leap!

1. Michele-Lyn says:

You won?? How do you win a design? I am so very glad you did! I pray abundant blessings on you and your new year! BTW : working on the 5Minutes for faith post now, just in case you were wondering. It should be up within the hour 🙂
        Michele-Lyn recently posted..New Creation… [Dream Again Day 5]

1. Barbie says:

I followed a designer on FB who was changing her name and getting a new page. I was the first to like her on Twitter and she graciously gifted me this design. I’m in love! I’ll be sure to put up your 5MFF post tonight, around 9PM.

5. Child of God says:

Beautiful words of encouragement! Thanks for sharing this. A new day and a new filling of His Spirit.

This is a great link up, looking forward to reading what everyone has to say.

Blessings.
    Child of God recently posted..Divine Healing

Thank you my friend.

6. Laura Rath says:

Hi Barbie,
    Love your new blog look and the new Weekend Brew! God bless!
    Laura Rath recently posted..Starting Small

1. Barbie says:

Thank you, thank you! I am quite please with the way things are looking around here, but even more so to see your smiling face!

1. Barbie says:

Alene, I’ve missed you. Hope you’re having a great weekend.

Thank you friend!

7. Janet @ Frugal & Focused says:

What beautiful words of encouragement. And while I know they apply to all my yesterdays, I feel like I really blew it yesterday so this words were particularly needed today. Thanks for hosting. Have a beautiful weekend.

1. Barbie says:

So glad you stopped by today and were encouraged!

8. Wendy says:

So thankful for His mercies new every single day. New is definitely a word He has been whispering to me as well friend. Love that He has used your words here to speak it again to me. Blessings and much love.
    Wendy recently posted..Everything in Me

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Wendy! Praying you have a beautiful Sunday!

9. Marty says:

Amazing image! And sweet words of encouragement to begin the new year 🙂
    Marty recently posted..New

1. Barbie says:

Thank you for stopping by Marty!

1. Barbie says:

So thankful Jean! Have a beautiful day!

10. Mary says:

Looking forward to shaking off the old and steppin into the New Year with God’s Word. He makes all things new…Have a wonderful SonDay!!
    Mary recently posted..New Growth

Amen my friend!

11. Pam says:

The words you heard from Him are a sacred echo to similar thoughts He’s been putting in me in the start of this new year too. Blessings on your 2013, Barbie!
    Pam recently posted..One Ribbon at a Time…

1. Barbie says:

Loved your post my friend! Have a blessed day!

Thank you Laurie!

12. Mary says:

Oh, Barbie…I love this post! “Are you having a hard time letting go of yesterday?” this line resonates with me and I am sure with others. It is so hard to let go of past failures and times when things didn’t go well…especially when we have to go there again!

Hugs to you my friend.
    Mary recently posted..Keeping it straight…

1. Barbie says:

It is hard to let go sometimes. I’m so thankful that He gives me that ability to move forward.

13. Stephani says:

Barbie, you won’t believe what this morning’s sermon was titled, “Forgetting What is Behind.” ~ Hmmmm, I wonder if God is trying to tell me something. I do think my past failures cause me to think I will never overcome certain things in my life, but I press on without straining or striving, but simply be honoring. Thanks!
    Stephani recently posted..Honor

1. Barbie says:

I can get hung up on past failures too. It really keeps us from pursuing the “new things” that God has for us. So thankful for fresh starts.

14. Diane | An Extraordinary Day says:

Barbie…I love your new look here!!! And the sky photograph is amazing!!
    Oh my….God didn’t just whisper to me. He changed the whole trajectory of where I was headed in my physical life. And I’m sure that my virtual life will be greatly impacted as well. I’m leaning in hard. Trusting with my whole heart. Excited to see the goodness He has planned.
    Thank you for Isaiah 43:19. 😀 I needed that!
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..{Joy Day!} When it seems impossible…

Bless you Diane!

2. Barbie says:

Yes! He has good things up ahead!