Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: You Are Chosen!

You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace.
(Song of Solomon 4:9)

Beloved One,

Do you know how much you are loved by God?  He desires you.  Every time you look at Him, His heart skips a beat.  The King is enthralled by your beauty!

I have often wondered how God sees me.  This painting came out of my time with the Lord through the Song of Solomon a few years ago.  God took me through a personal journey of affirming my identity and how He sees me.  I wanted to share this with you today, my friends. This is how God sees YOU!

May you rest in knowing that you are significant, beautiful, loved, anointed and chosen.  You are His.  He Has chosen YOU and nothing will ever separate you from His love!

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1.  Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.  (Please only link one post.  Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2.  Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3.  Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

36 thoughts on “The Weekend Brew: You Are Chosen!”

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Karrilee. It’s taken me a while to embrace my creativity, but I can finally say that I AM AN ARTIST!

1. Mia says:

Hi Barbie
    When I read your words about our King being enthralled by our beauty, my heart skipped a beat!
    Hugs and blessings
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Forget to Remember

1. Barbie says:

Mine too Mia! Have a beautiful tomorrow!

2. Beth @ My Destiny says:

Oh friend, we had the same subject on our hearts today!

I absolutely LOVE your painting!

I can’t remember how many hours you are away from me, but if you can ever catch the church I linked with at the bottom of my post — you will be blessed. Their worship is so sweet. Last night God’s presence was so sweet and weighty during their service that it came through the computer screen.

Love and hugs to you!
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..I’m a Lover of Your Presence

1. Barbie says:

Oh girl, first all I love when God shoots right through the computer screen and zaps me. It happens often when I am watching iHOP worship. I’ll have to check out the church you mentioned on line. And the title of your post today had me singing!!! Love you!

3. Amanda says:

Oh, Barbie, I just adore your painting!!! How beautiful!! I am so thankful that He loves me, and I cannot imagine the despair of living without Him!! Thanks so much for this beautiful post 🙂 Have a blessed weekend!!
    Amanda recently posted..Sweet, Simple Saturday ~ In Honor of Mom

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Amanda. I cannot imagine my life without Christ, for it really would be no life at all! Blessings!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping over Mary. I’ll have to check out your link up!

4. Joan says:

Thanks for the reminder, Barbie! I’m so glad my God loves me and that I am beautiful to Him.

Blessings this Saturday! Joan
    Joan recently posted..Good Intentions

1. Barbie says:

You’re welcome Joan! So thankful you stopped by!

5. Stephani says:

I love your painting! You are so talented and yes, significant! – I have a quick blog question, which program do you use for your “link within” links at the bottom of the post?
    Stephani recently posted..Remember the Present

1. Barbie says:

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for the kind words about my art! I am using McLinky for my link ups! I hope that helps!

6. Gayle from Behind the Gate says:

Oh, what a lovely place to sit awhile! I just found you, and so I linked up my post. I will stop by again soon, I love it here and I know I will enjoy getting to know you.
    Gayle from Behind the Gate recently posted..Beautiful in Time

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Gayle! Your blog is gorgeous!

7. Elizabeth says:

Barbie, you are very talented! I’m thinking you could sell your beautiful artwork!
    Elizabeth recently posted..John 12:46…

1. Barbie says:

Oh you are too sweet. At one time I made some cards out of a few of my pieces.

8. Wanda says:

Wow, it’s the second time today I’ve received this beautiful reminder that God has picked me!
    Wanda recently posted..The Friday Five (vs. 3.22)

1. Barbie says:

Sounds like He really wants you to know that! Blessings!

9. Dawn St Amand Paoletta says:

ooooooooooooooooooooh, did you do that? I was in an art store today, Barbie …perusing and just wanting to create on canvas but am so clueless. I am going to buy some acrylics this weekend~
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Those Feet (Remember: 5 Minute Friday)

1. Barbie says:

Yes Ma’am I did! I am a newbie artist, don’t know what I am doing really. I did this piece at home, but I get to paint in church during worship. Mostly with my hands (I like to feel the color and movement) and well, I am learning a lot, especially how to have the Holy Spirit guide me as I go. I have a new piece from our conference on my FB wall. Will post a better shot soon!

Thank you friend!

10. Elizabeth@Transitional-Woman says:

The knowledge that we’re chosen by our God, the creator of all that is and was and is to come is mind blowing. And humbling.

1. Barbie says:

So true! I am so thankful that He choose me!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Lea! I pray you are having a wonderful weekend.

Thank you so much!

Thank you Melanie!

11. Rina Peru says:

“Every time you look at Him, His heart skips a beat.” ~ I love this! This is beautiful, Barbie. I needed this today.
    Rina Peru recently posted..Why We Don’t Watch TV Dramas

Blessings to you Rina!

12. Denise says:

Hi Barbie,
    Visiting you from Wanda’s; I was drawn to your blog by the title of your post since it was the same as mine this week! 🙂 How comforting and reassuring that we have been chosen because of His wonderful gift of love and grace! Beautiful painting too! 🙂

Blessings and hugs,
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Chosen

1. Barbie says:

Thank you for stopping by Denise. I look forward to reading your post!