My 5 Minute Fridays

A Breathtaking View! {Five Minute Friday}

My view or perception of myself is often far from how my Heavenly Father sees me.

When I look at myself, I see my imperfections — the extra weight that’s been hanging on for the last 10 years, a head of hair with gray peeking through, hands with wrinkles in them (yes I am nearing 50 – in a few years) and everything negative.

I often wonder what it is that God sees when He looks at me.  When He bends over the balcony of heaven, and glances my way, what is His view?

I imagine God having a chat with the angels as He proclaims,

Look, do you see here?  There she is.  My Chosen One.  My Beloved. I delight in her. She doesn’t realize yet how much she’s loved.  But I am working on her heart. Her view of me is skewed, from much pain and hurt, but I am working a healing in that heart of hers.  She will come to know and understand  my love, and she will fully embrace my view of her.  For I will open her eyes to see herself as she truly is. I want her to know how much joy she brings to my heart.  I want her to know that she was perfectly hand crafted and placed on the earth for such a time as this. Oh, just look at my Daughter.  What a breathtaking view!

What is it that you think God sees when He looks at you?  Do you know that His view of you is filled with so much joy and pleasure?  For you are His Daughter and He delights in you!

Five Minute Friday

56 thoughts on “A Breathtaking View! {Five Minute Friday}”

1. Barbie says:

Thank you, Rachael. It is so much easier to view others in the same light that God views them. Have a beautiful weekend.

1. Kacey says:

Wow, I almost wrote about something similar but didn’t have the courage to put it out there. I love that you did. So glad to be stopping by from #FMFParty.
    Kacey recently posted..Five Minute Friday: View

1. Kacey says:

By the way, I forgot to say that I love the idea of adding scripture and your web address to the image. I hadn’t thought of doing that for FMF.
      Kacey recently posted..Five Minute Friday: View

2. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Kacey. It takes me an extra few minutes to add the photos, but I just can’t do a post without one! Have a beautiful weekend!

2. Dolly@Soulstops says:

You are beautiful, Barbie 🙂 Stunning photo…your daughter’s wedding? As I read your words, I thought of a book I’m reading, Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero…loving it…I finished his devotional, The Daily Office, and loved it, and it drew heavily from his other book, the one I’m currently reading…Blessings, my friend 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: What’s Your Dream View?

1. Barbie says:

No, this picture is a stock photo. I didn’t even think of using one from my daughter’s wedding. . Those books you are reading sound interesting. I will have to look them up! Have a beautiful weekend my friend!

1. Dolly@Soulstops says:

Hi Barbie,
        I think you would really enjoy them because they talk about what you write about here..about how past pain affects how we view ourselves and how we view how God views us…It has been a blessing to me…if you get it, maybe we can talk about it together 🙂
        Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: What’s Your Dream View?

3. Rebekah says:

Barbie! This made me catch my breath and tear up. What a beautiful reminder. I’m far too long in your first sentance – so far off from how God sees me and so wrapped up in ALL my imperfections. What an amazing reminder of the shaping of His love. Bless you this weekend, friend! And thanks for the hi and hello to my last minute mad dash in the door at the FMF party 🙂
    Rebekah recently posted..Five Minute Friday: View

1. Barbie says:

His view of you is a beautiful one. I pray you have a blessed weekend and that He will draw you in close and show you a glimpse of how He sees you!

4. Jennifer says:

This is such a beautiful post! “The balcony of heaven” I love it!!! Have a wonderful weekend. Oh, and by the way, you ARE His chose one, beautiful on the inside AND out. Don’t worry about the extra weight or graying hair. Worry about who you have been ordained to be: A daughter of the King. You are beautiful!
    Jennifer recently posted..Enjoy Your View

1. Barbie says:

Oh Jennifer, than you so much for your encouragement! Have a beautiful weekend.

5. Alyssa Santos says:

Barbie – this message is so important, so life changing. We need to remember that God sees each of us this way and when we view others through his love goggles, then we can more freely love them the way he loves us. I wonder why we persist in being so hard on ourselves (aren’t all women brutal in our self-talk?) when we have a God who lavishes so much love on us? Bless you and this message. I hope it speaks right into the hearts of many who need this truth to shine into the dark places.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you so much Alyssa! Even though this revelation came to me on Mother’s Day, I know it’s a message for all women for every day. So many struggle with their identity. Have a lovely weekend.

6. Heather says:

I so appreciate your super sweet words over at my post. 🙂
    Lovely one you have here. He does delight in us!!
    To answer your question at the end – I actually just wrote a post a week or so ago about that … My reflection.
    You might like it. 🙂 God had laid it on my heart for several months. Waited for just His prompting.
    It’s here:

Hope it blesses you!
    Heather

1. Barbie says:

Thank you so much Heather for sharing that post. It truly blessed me!

Bless you Denise!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Jenn! Have a lovely weekend.

7. Mia says:

Dear sweet Barbie
    In April I turned 50 and let me assure you that it is a well-matured age! Love it. I hear your beautiful heart, my friend, and I am asking our Pappa to allow you for just a few moments to see yourself through His eyes. I think you are such a beautiful, brave and gracious lady and I am looking through human eyes! So, friend, don’t listen to the father of lies!
    Much love
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Valley of The Matrix

1. Barbie says:

Mia, you are a treasure! Love you my friend!

8. Linda Stoll says:

Oh, Barbie … to embrace His view of me, to make it my own instead of looking through the world’s looking glass …
    Linda Stoll recently posted..My Wildlife Arena

Yes! Amen to that!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Crystal!

9. Debbie says:

Oh Barbie, God sees your beauty. So thankful that He chose to create us and to gift us …for His glory. You’re a blessing to many, including me.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ View

Love you sweet Debbie!

10. Mel says:

Love this…if I only I could see myself the way He sees me. Thank you for this beautiful piece of your heart today. Blessings, friend! 🙂
    Mel recently posted..Five-Minute Friday: View

1. Barbie says:

Mel, so thankful to take this journey with you. We will arrive!!! We will come to know and understand this truth.

11. Debi @ DebiStangeland.com says:

You bet your socks that’s what He says! You ROCK and God made you gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this VERY encouraging post today. Awesome!!
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: VIEW

1. Barbie says:

Love you Debi! So thankful to have found you along my journey!

12. Child of God says:

Hi Barbie,
    Sometimes I just wonder why Father loves us so much. Why does He love me? Other days I see it very clearly His reasons why but then there are those other days, when I am down or have sinned or am clinging on to anger that I wonder why. He always comes in with He is love and He is bigger than my sin.
    He is so amazing, I am always left in awe of who He is.

Blessings hon,
    Child of God recently posted..Desert Prayer ~Psalm 63

1. Barbie says:

He is truly amazing, isn’t He? Have a blessed weekend my friend.

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Amy!

Thanks Charis!

13. Amy ~ Seasons Change says:

I battle with my mirror image all the time but I can hear Him whispering to me how beloved I am and that becomes all that matters to me. Thank you for this gentle reminder. 🙂
    Amy ~ Seasons Change recently posted..5 Minute Friday: View

1. Barbie says:

It’s such a struggle some days. To listen to the lies and then turn to the truth. One of these days, we won’t hear the lies, will we? God is working this truth in our heart and we must come to believe it! We are chosen, treasured, beautiful!

14. Kelly says:

I needed the reminder of how He sees me! This is lovely!

Thank you Kelly!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Ashley! Be blessed my friend!

15. Mary says:

I think we all feel like this sometimes, Barbie. But you are loved. You are amazing. You are enough! Prayers and hugs coming your way sweet friend!
    Mary recently posted..I’ve got this…5 minute Friday

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Mary! Blessed to have you in my life.

16. Kim says:

Oh, if we could only see ourselves the way He sees us! Instead we focus on the minor imperfections that others might not even notice. I’ve seen it in myself as I age, the way I look for wrinkles and “silver sparkles” in my hair. Thanks for the reminder that we are beautiful in His view.
    Kim recently posted..View

1. Barbie says:

So true Kim! Thank you for stopping by.

17. ~Karrilee~ says:

Oh Barbie… I love this for so many reasons – mostly because, well – I wasn’t headed in that direction but towards the end of my FMF, I found myself writing along these same lines… so I mentioned I would post tomorrow and link with you… how appropriate!

How He is so in love with you… (and me!) Yay!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..The View from Here… Five Minute Friday

1. Barbie says:

And I loved your post and so thankful you shared it at The Weekend Brew! Hugs!

18. Lauren Huss says:

Oh what a breathtaking view, indeed! Thank you for that beautiful picture of how our Heavenly Father sees us. I, too am staring down the path to 50, and don’t often like what I see in the mirror. I appreciate the reminder that what we see is not all that He sees. Bless, you Barbie!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you so much for stopping by Lauren! I just love your blog (now that I’ve found it)!

19. jennifer peterson says:

Oh love this, so encouraging, when God leans over the balcony of Heaven and He is delighted in us, in you. Thank you Barbie, your words bless me, love you

1. Barbie says:

Love you too, my sweet friend!

20. Wanda says:

I’ve been battling the critic these days and this is such an inspiring read for me. May each hold the truth of God’s vision of us before our minds and hearts. Have a great weekend Barbie.
    Wanda recently posted..Saying No to the Inner Critic

1. Barbie says:

Yes, my friend! Let’s keep His view in front of us.