Faith

Father To The Fatherless

(photo credit)

Precious One,

I want you to know how very much you are loved.

I know you’ve been searching your entire life for love and acceptance.

I want to stand in the gap and ask your forgiveness on behalf of the man who failed you.

You see, he’s just a man.  Perhaps he knew better.  Perhaps he tried his best.  Perhaps he didn’t care at all.

This man, this broken man, He was supposed to care for your heart, nurture and protect you.

Instead, he let you down. He hurt you, wounded you beyond repair, abandoned you and made you feel unloved.

I cannot take the pain away.  I cannot remove the hurt that haunts you at night.

But there is another who loves you with an everlasting love.

This One, He will never hurt you, never abandon you, never fail you and never take His eyes off of you.

He weeps with you, catches your tears in the palm of His hands and places them in a bottle.

He is well acquainted with your grief, for He was there when you felt all hope was gone.

You may have felt alone all of your life, without the love of a father.  Oh, he may have been there, but perhaps unwilling or unable to love you as you should have been loved.

Will you find it in your heart to forgive that earthly man for not being there for you, for hurting you, for abandoning you, for not caring for your heart?

Your earthly father may have hurt you.  He may have failed you. He may have caused you to believe that you were unlovable, unwanted, worthless.

Will you look up today, my precious one, into the eyes of your Father in Heaven?

To the One who will never take His eyes off of you, who will never fail you, who will always love you!

He is Father to the Fatherless.

You are not abandoned.
You are cherished.
You are not tossed aside.
You are treasured.
You are not unwanted.
You are chosen.
You are not unloveable.
You are His delight!

Lift your eyes, oh Daughter of God, and begin to walk in your true identity as a chosen, desired and loved child of the King of Kings.

Father to the fatherless, defender of widows–this is God, whose dwelling is holy.  (Psalm 68:5)

22 thoughts on “Father To The Fatherless”

1. Mia says:

Dear sweet Barbie
    I might not feel this way about my earthly father who loved me very much, but until a while ago I felt this way about my mother! But our Pappa has opened my eyes to see that she, being my stepmom since I was 4 , is not able to love me as much as she loves my younger two brothers and my little sister! It is not that she don’t want to; she just cannot! Then, her own mother was a very difficult woman who also was not the best mother you can think of. Ever since, I am so grateful for the sincere love my sweet mom can give me with warmth and honesty and I do not expect her to give what she cannot and would be false in any case!
    Much love to you, sweet friend
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Fools Gold

1. Barbie says:

Such truth Mia! So thankful that God brought you this revelation. Some times we do expect our parents to give what they cannot.

2. Donna Schultz says:

Such truth, friend! Beautiful words that we all need so very much! If we could just GET this, it would change everything.
    Donna Schultz recently posted..Learning Your Lesson

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Donna. The world would be a much happier place if everyone who struggles with this truth began to walk in it! Blessings!

3. Mary says:

Barbie, your writing and your words never cease to amaze me. You are truly gifted and these words touch my heart! thank you for penning them.
    Mary recently posted..The balancing act…

1. Barbie says:

Oh Mary, YOU encourage me so! Thank you for stopping by. I love seeing your smiling face.

4. Linda says:

Abused and left by my earthly father at a young age, I was in need of love and security…which I found in the Lord. My Heavenly Father has never left me or forsaken me…and I have always felt loved by Him. On this earth men/people will always disappoint us, but when we have the Lord in our lives, we can always trust Him to have our best interest at heart. I love this post Barbie! You are such an encourager!

I love how Elisabeth Elliot always said…
    “You are loved with an everlasting love…and underneath are the everlasting arms!”
    I have remembered this in trying situations in my life, and it has brought me hope!

God is so good…and so faithful!

Love, Linda
    Linda recently posted..A Month Since I Have Posted!!!

1. Barbie says:

I’m so thankful you found your love and security in the Lord. It’s hard for me to wrap my brain around the love and acceptance of a God who will never leave me, or abuse me, but I know He does not lie. Blessings my friend!

5. Jennifer peterson says:

Touch my heart, love this, yes I have felt all this, my real dad I haven’t seen in thirty years, my “dad” now and I aren’t close, though he did the best he could, it must have been hard on him to get married and have a eight year old, but my real dad, he’s anther story, my journey through all this has made me lean more on God, trust Him. My journey and story has helped me with the girls in my small group. A beautiful post Barbie, such encouragement! Our Heavenly Father loves us more than any earthly father ever can. Love you and thank you!

1. Barbie says:

I am thankful that in the absence of a father figure, you were able to run to God and lean on Him. He loves you so.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Beth!

6. Beth Zimmerman says:

A Facebook friend gave me a similar message recently when I poured out my heart in a moment of brokenness over my marriage … that God is the defender of those abandoned by their husbands – whether that abandonment is physical, spiritual, emotional, or all of those. Thank you for reminding me of the truth again!
    Beth Zimmerman recently posted..Dreaming the Impossible Dream

1. Barbie says:

Oh Beth, I pray that God will wrap His loving arms around you and that you sense His nearness. He is not only father to the fatherless, but husband to those who are broken in that regard. God is good. He will never leave you!

7. Jen says:

Oh Barbie – This is absolutely beautiful! I was just with a group of women last night, who shared their hurts and offenses by their spouses. I would love to share this, as a reminder that God’s love is never ending. His love is perfect. His grace sufficient! Thanks for these faith-filled words!
    Jen recently posted..Let Go and Be Still. His Call Away From Blogging

1. Barbie says:

Jen, share away!

1. Barbie says:

AMEN! So important for our children to understand these truths growing up! Blessings!

1. Barbie says:

Jennifer, thank you so much for stopping by! Praying you have a beautiful weekend!

1. Barbie says:

Rosann, so thankful the Father met you today! Love you girl!