My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Red

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Little girl, lost and afraid.
Growing up surrounded by love, yet feeling alone.

Young woman, scared and confused.
They never loved me for me.
They only wanted what I had to give.

Running, running, hiding, wanting to fade into black.
Yet this light that shone in the darkness, I could almost see beauty within.

There is beauty made with the dripping of blood.
A life given for me.  He would have done it all just for me.

I cannot comprehend this sacrifice.
Why one so pure, so holy would give Himself a ransom for me,
One so tarnished, bruised, broken and stained.

Yet He came, and He washed my sin away.
He took my nakedness and shame, and nailed it to the cross,
His blood dripping red with a love so pure.

And I am made white as snow.
Darkness has faded. The light has come.
This crimson love has come for me.

I am finally free!

Five Minute Friday

24 thoughts on “Five Minute Friday: Red”

1. Debra Westbrook says:

What a glorious poem. The focus of our ministry is creativity in Christ and being His glorious expression in the earth. When I read this I loved it because of the glorious word and because the glorious Word was so woven through it from start to finish.

1. Barbie says:

Debra, thank you so much for visiting and for your encouraging comment! Blessings!

2. Jennifer says:

This is so beautiful, Barbie! When we recognize His love in our lives, we are free! Have a beautiful weekend, friend!
    Jennifer recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Red

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Jennifer! May you find beautify everywhere you go this weekend.

3. Beth says:

Beautiful, as always, my friend. Have a wonderful weekend.

1. Barbie says:

Praying you have a blessed weekend as well my friend.

4. Sue says:

AMEN sister! Loved it… Stopped in from FMF ; )

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Sue! Off to visit your blog!

5. karenbethc says:

Ooooooh I like and I love the layout of your blog .. it looks very pretty.. did you change it? thank you for sharing you FMF with us all
    karenbethc recently posted..NEW BLOG ADDRESS

1. Barbie says:

Hey friend, I’ve had this design for about a year now, I believe. I’ve changed here and there along the way. I’ve settled here, at least for now 🙂 Thanks for stopping by. Off to read your post now!

6. Joanne Viola says:

The picture of the rich, red fabric combined with the Scripture is breath taking. Truly drives the point home. I am so glad that I stopped here tonight.
    Have a great night!
    Joanne
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Red

1. Barbie says:

Thanks so much Joanne for stopping by! Praying you have a blessed weekend.

7. Anita Ojeda says:

There’s power in the blood, that’s for sure! I’m so glad that you’ve discovered it :). Thank you for sharing your heart and your poem.
    Anita Ojeda recently posted..Five-Minute Friday: Red

1. Barbie says:

Now you’ve got me singing that son, “there’s power, power, wonder working power in the blood of the lamb.” Thanks for stopping by!

8. Julie says:

Amen. Thanks..

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Julie!

9. Jacqui says:

What a beautiful poem, Barbie. And how funny that we used a couple of the same words in our FMF’s – “stain” and “crimson.” Probably not that remarkable, but I do think we’re on the same wavelength sometimes:) Anyway, what a great reminder. I don’t think we can ever meditate on the sacrifice of our Lord enough. It transforms us moment by moment. Blessings on your weekend, friend!
    Jacqui recently posted..Comment on Our Red Wagon and a Journey to Contentment by Jacqui

1. Barbie says:

Oh yes, kindred we are! I noticed that and I had a huge smile on my face. Have a beautiful Sunday!

10. Shannon@MishmashMama says:

While I am not a Christian, at least not in the mainstream sense, I have a very deep love for Jesus. What he did in his life, to create peace and to help others, to stand up for what is right, up until the moment of his death, is an example to us all.
    Shannon@MishmashMama recently posted..Red {#FiveMinuteFriday}

1. Barbie says:

Thank you for stopping by for a visit Shannon!

11. Sarah Knepper says:

I love this Barbie, so true of how I feel most days when I stop and think of all He has done for me, for each one of us. Beautiful!!
    Sarah Knepper recently posted..Red

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Sarah! Blessings to you!

12. sheryl says:

Wow! You wrote that in 5 minutes?!?! You’re amazing, and this poem is beautiful.
    sheryl recently posted..RED

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Sheryl. May have went 1-2 minutes over, but for the most part, yes. I love the FMF! Thanks for stopping by.