Tomorrow we will celebrate Thanksgiving, a time of year that causes one to pause and reflect on all that is good in their life. So often during this time of year I can tend to allow anxiety to overrun me. It’s hard to remain balanced when life has me running here and there, with hardly time to breathe most days (although isn’t breathing automatic?). I can allow the pressure and stress of the season to weigh heavy on my heart, and I will often forget to stop and give thanks to the One who is worthy of all praise and thanksgiving, at all times.
I want my heart to overflow with thanksgiving. I want to have a grateful heart and to truly know what it is like to “give thanks in all things and in all circumstances.” There are so many moments of beauty that pass me by each day because I am so focused on my circumstances or on the days ahead. I forget to pause, to breathe Him in, and to offer up thanksgiving, because truly, I have so much to be thankful for, and really, He is worthy, no matter what.
So today, and every day, I choose to practice having a thankful heart. Here’s a little bit of what that looks like for me:
- A thankful heart chooses to look beyond the piles of dirty laundry to the beauty of clothing that I get to wear.
- A thankful heart chooses to look beyond the imperfections of a child to the beauty of a budding, independent personality.
- A thankful heart chooses to look beyond the inattentiveness of a husband to the beauty of a man who works hard to provide for his family.
- A thankful heart chooses to look beyond my lack to the beauty of all that I have been given.
- A thankful heart chooses to look beyond myself to the beauty that is Christ Jesus.
How about you my friend? What kind of beauty is overflowing from your heart today?
Linking up with my dear friend Beth for Three Word Wednesday. Join me?