Faith

He Remembered Me

He remembers 2

Do you ever have days where you feel unseen, forgotten, overlooked, unappreciated?  I’ve had more than my fair share of these days of late.  This pressing into Jesus, this seeking His face and determining to find my fulfillment in Him and Him alone, it’s a hard journey at times.

The world would tell me that I crave man’s approval.
The world would tell me that my eyes are for everything else but Him.
The world would tell me that my time is better spent doing rather than being with Him.
The world would tell me that my sin is too great, my shame too deep.

I give in to the lies, and believe that what the world says about me is true — that I must gain man’s approval to be accepted; that I must seek after the things of this world to be fulfilled; that I must do the work of the ministry in order to be His beloved; that my sin and shame keep me from His Presence.

Yet, He remembered me.

When my heart goes seeking after the approval of others, He remembers me.  He gently reminds me that He approves of me and takes joy and delight in all that I do.

When I choose to fill the gaping wounds in my heart with the temporary pleasures of this world, He remembers me.  He reminds me that the things of this world will pass away, but that His love is steadfast, enduring, and that He alone can satisfy the ache in my heart.

When I strive to do His work, even when worn out, burnt out and lacking His anointing, He remembers me.  He reminds me that this ministry, it is a partnership with Him.  It’s a get to, not a have to, and that by being in His presence, I will be filled to overflowing and given the strength to do His work.

When I fall deep into depression, or allow anxiety to take over, when I am faced with the sin of the day and my selfish and ugly ways, He remembers me.  He gently speaks to my heart and reminds me that He has taken my sin and my shame, that He carried it all the way to the cross, that He bore it so that I wouldn’t have to.  He reminds me that He cast it into the sea, and that He does not remember it.

But He remembered me.

He took all my sin and shame, bore it all upon a tree, bled and died just for me.

When I forget, He reminds me.

When I am overcome with the weight of the world, I will remember this……

He remembered me.

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  (Romans 5:8)

*Linking with these beautiful communities today.

Whitespace Community Linkup @ faithbarista.com

22 thoughts on “He Remembered Me”

1. Sherry Carter says:

How true, Barbie! His love and grace is beyond all we can imagine!
    Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, Eph 3:20

1. Barbie says:

Happy Resurrection Sunday Sherry!

2. satin says:

Friend, this is absolutely beautiful! How ENCOURAGING: He Remembered Me! Appreciate you sharing this beautiful encouraging post-I needed it today! Thank you! ♥
    satin recently posted..Love Heals All

1. Barbie says:

He will not forget you my friend. Not ever! Love you so much!

3. Beth says:

I just love you. I so needed this today. Like REALLY needed this encouragement today. And it makes me so happy when you join us for Three Word Wednesday. 🙂 I also am trying Bonnie Grey’s linkup for the first time so thanks for sharing that you were joining there. I do love her place but haven’t been a regular visitor…but maybe some prompt words will help inspire my writing more each week. Love you.
    Beth recently posted..Three Word Wednesday: Knowing You, Jesus

1. Barbie says:

I had a concept for this post going through my head, and then Bonnie’s email came so I thought I would link up with her. And then it dawned on me that the title I had picked was just three words. I LOVE linking up with your community and enjoy finding my way around there to some beautiful posts and communities I’m not yet connected with. Blessings!

1. Barbie says:

Thankful you stopped by and linked up Cathy!

4. Wanda says:

So glad I followed Beth’s linked over today. Just the sip of God’s grace I needed in this moment. Beautiful words Barbie. Many blessings.
    Wanda recently posted..Friday Finds

1. Barbie says:

Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday Wanda!

5. Betty Draper says:

Precious words to a thirsty soul. Just the three words, He remembered me, are enough to bring one out of a pit of depression. Good post.

1. Barbie says:

Betty, I’m thrilled you stopped by. Praying you and yours have a blessed Resurrection Sunday!

6. Denise says:

So beautiful.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Denise!

7. Patty says:

You are walking the hard road and it won’t be in vain. I am privileged to watch your transparency as you struggle to put on what He calls you to and you endure the season of pruning. This story (your story) needs to be heard. So many are here and keep it quiet for fear they will be judged and rejected again and again. He will never leave you nor forsake you and He has no condemnation for you. He delights in you – even in this blog post. Your faithful seeking heart is beautiful to Him and to me. <3
    Patty recently posted..Set Your Hearts On the Things Above

1. Barbie says:

Patty! I so appreciate you, how you always encourage my heart. I am so thankful for you, truly. Hugs!

8. HisFireFly says:

Yes! He remembered and more – for you were the joy set before Him!!
    HisFireFly recently posted..Good Friday clouds

1. Barbie says:

Thank you for that reminder! AMEN!

1. Barbie says:

Blessings to you friend!

9. Mindy says:

Just love this – He remembered ME. Such hope and grace here. Easter blessings to you and yours!
    Mindy recently posted..Sun and Moon