Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: When You’re Reminded of Your Destiny

Seven years ago, a group of ladies from my church all got together and created art.  We prayed, asked the Lord for words for those in our community and got busy painting. We gave the pieces away, but before we did, my Pastor’s wife scanned them all into her computer.  Tonight, I was helping her print some things for a ministry trip.  I asked her if she happened to have any of the pieces I did that night.  I was completely amazed at what she  had.

Psalm_45_1

This painting was one of my first prophetic painting pieces.  This was done in 2007, and I started my blog in 2008.  Seeing this tonight awakened a desire in me to write, to share the Lord’s heart with others and to work on that second book of mine!

Tree_planted

This painting reminds me of begin firmly planted, like a tree by streams of living water, forever planted in the House of the Lord.  Ephesians 3:17-19 has become a life verse for me:

so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18may be able to comprehend with all the saints what isthe breadth and length and height and depth,19and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.…

worship

This painting captures my desire for intimacy, worship and being completely abandoned before the Lord.

I am amazed at God’s timing to show me all three of these early paintings.  Not only do I get to be reminded of my destiny as a writer, lover of God and worshipper, but I get to see how I’ve grown as an artist during the last seven years, and that’s pretty cool!

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

45 thoughts on “The Weekend Brew: When You’re Reminded of Your Destiny”

1. Madelain says:

Love the paintings, so beautiful!!
    Bless you (:

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Madelain! Have a blessed Sunday.

2. Joanne Viola says:

So amazing how God gives a peek at our own growth! I love that He did this in order to encourage & spur you on in your gifts! And..I hope you will ask me onto your next launch team 🙂 Excited for you! Blessings, friend!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Lessons From Family

1. Barbie says:

Oh Joanne, YES! When the book is ready, you will be one of the first to know!

3. Dawn Paoletta (@breathoffaith) says:

Oh, I love the weight of these words. I used to do collages, with torn magazine images and they were often affirming and also prophetic , often reflecting an inner yearning. Last weekend I went to a n Art Tour in our state. So much amazing inspiration and I spoke with the artists in their studios- in addition , I was with a fellow Blogger from the state next door! Whoohooo- so fun! But here is te cool thing , the very last artist we met was one who does collage. BUT the collage is so amazing that it actually looks like images photographed. It really reminded me that although collage type art is different than some- it resonated powerfully, she even was showing me how to find what is needed to do what she had done. This really made my weekend. Anyway…another artist and I talked about how often writers discover their artsy side and painters/drawers discover their writerly sides in different seasons. I am so glad you are allowing His Spirit, full creative liberty to However He wants to express Himself through you! Hugs!
    Dawn Paoletta (@breathoffaith) recently posted..On Finishing Well (or just trusting God)

1. Barbie says:

Oh Iove collage, but every time I try to do it it doesn’t turn out the way I had envisioned. A lot like me painting with brushes, doesn’t ever work. I love that I get to use my fingers to create. Praying you are being encouraged and strengthened.

1. Barbie says:

Oh Diane, you are a breath of fresh air. And I miss you and I need to come visit your blog. Hugs!

4. Carrie says:

I envy you and every other artist. It looks so fun and carefree to paint from the heart. My brother has incredible talent for art and I marvel at what he can create on a blank canvas. What remarkable gifts you have, Barbie! Tickled to hear the passion in your voice – you go! Blessings!
    Carrie recently posted..A Writer’s Blog Hop

1. Barbie says:

Oh Carrie, you are an artist in your own right. You create beautiful imagery with you words. And I bet if you picked up a paint brush you would create your own masterpiece!

5. Ginger Harrington says:

Oh friend, how I praise God that He has reminded you of the precious plan He has for you. To express what Christ plants within us is authentic worship. As i write this God is saying the word is vessel, an open container for Him to fill and then release into this world.
    Ginger Harrington recently posted..The Friday Random: Posting, An Award, and 7 Things about Me

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Ginger. I pray that I will remain an open vessel to express His heart and that He would be glorified.

6. Carol says:

The colors in your paintings are so bright and beautiful. So glad you had the opportunity to review your past work–and then be encouraged to continue. Your words and art are a blessing!
    Carol recently posted..Bearing Fruit: Elderberries

1. Barbie says:

Thank you for stopping by Carol!

7. June says:

It’s exciting when God reaffirms His plan for us, isn’t it? It’s like going back to the place you know in your heart you should be, and turning on the light. I’m so thankful that you shared your early artwork with us today, Barbie! So inspiring!!
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . a merry heart

1. Barbie says:

Yes, going back to the place I know in my heart where I know I should be. So good! Thank you.

8. Hazel Moon says:

God does NOT call by gender but by tender hearts – – and he is calling women today to pick up their gifts of word of knowledge, word of wisdom and prophesy! Let it flow out of you and by the way I love your art work and it touched me deeply.
    Hazel Moon recently posted..Hearing God Speak

1. Barbie says:

AMEN Hazel. Thank you for your encouragement.

Your welcome!

9. Sarah Knepper says:

Barbie,
    What beautiful paintings! That is truly amazing to me how you were able to look back and see the connection between the painting and your writing. God is so cool like that! So thankful you shared this, what an encouragement.
    Sarah Knepper recently posted..The Power of Story

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Sarah. So blessed by your visits.

10. Patty says:

I love your paintings and God’s sweetness in the timing of revealing them to you. I love this post and what it says about God’s specific care for you as He writes your story with you in Him. Love you.
    Patty recently posted..Radical

1. Barbie says:

You, my friend, such an encourager. Grateful for you!

11. Elizabeth says:

I loved seeing how God spoke to you through your painting and you’re right, it’s amazing how your painting has progressed.
    Elizabeth recently posted..Psalm 92:1-2…

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Elizabeth. Praying you’re having a blessed day.

1. Barbie says:

AMEN Heather. I receive that Word!

12. Holly Barrett says:

Yes, that is cool indeed!! Loved seeing your early works. And I posted on the verse about trees planted by the streams today. Love that when we are planted in Him, our roots grow strong and our limbs grow tall. He is the source of all goodness! Glad to see that you are encouraged, my friend!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..A tree planted by streams

1. Barbie says:

Love when you visit Holly. Thank you for sharing The Weekend Brew with your friends.

13. Sandra Heska King says:

Love! All, but especially the first one. Enjoy your day, friend.
    Sandra Heska King recently posted..Home

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Sandra!

14. Wanda says:

What a treasure to be able to have those to look back upon and see how you grown and then to have them to propel you forward. We never know how God will connect all the dots of lives and weave them into beautiful works of art.
    Wanda recently posted..The Writers Blog Hop

1. Barbie says:

It’s so cool to look back and know that you are on the right track. Have a blessed week Wanda!

1. Barbie says:

And your post moved me. Your words are beautiful! Blessings!

15. Mary Geisen says:

I love all these paintings but especially the deep expression of you and God working through you that is portrayed on each. You have a gift and I am so thankful that you are sharing it with us. I’m a little late joining The Weekend Brew but my week was weird and everything seems to be off because of it. Thanks for the link up and sharing your space with all of us. Love you friend!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Sunday Morning Always Comes-Faith

1. Barbie says:

And that would be awesome!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Mary. And just fyi, the link up is open through Tuesday each week, so never any rush to link up. Have a blessed week.

1. Barbie says:

Have a blessed week Laurie!

16. Alecia Simersky says:

Wow! God is so cool like that! You are so gifted in writing and painting…I’m just glad God interconnected our spaces so that we could meet. 🙂
    Alecia Simersky recently posted..Where Have I Been? Come SEE!

1. Barbie says:

Alecia, the feeling is mutual. So thankful for the opportunity to know you though blogging this side of heaven.