God is good. All the time. I know this to be true.
In hard seasons, I recall His promises to me in His Word.
- His promise to remain faithful, even when I am not.
- His promise to love me, even when I am unloveable.
- His promise to never leave me, although at times I turn from Him.
- His promise to provide for my every need, even though I feel desperate and lacking.
But I’ve tasted and I’ve seen His goodness.
When my husband lost his job in 2008, I saw His goodness. Despite disappointment and loss, discouragement and all of the what ifs, He remained faithful. There was so much unknown to us during that time, yet our path was covered with His grace and we were girded up by His strength.
The wilderness way is a hard journey. It’s hot and sticky. It’s dry and without refreshing rain. It’s dirty and messy and is devoid of anything that resembles life. But throughout all of it, His goodness remains. Even in times of lack, He remains faithful.
He changes a wilderness into a pool of water And a dry land into springs of water.
(Psalm 107:35 NASB)
Do you find yourself in a wilderness season? Recall the promises of the Lord over your life and remember that He will not leave you there. He will bring you through.
*photo credit by my lovely friend Laura.
Now it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!