Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: God Is Faithful Through The Wilderness

God is Faithful

God is good.  All the time.  I know this to be true.

In hard seasons, I recall His promises to me in His Word.

• His promise to remain faithful, even when I am not.
  • His promise to love me, even when I am unloveable.
  • His promise to never leave me, although at times I turn from Him.
  • His promise to provide for my every need, even though I feel desperate and lacking.

But I’ve tasted and I’ve seen His goodness.

When my husband lost his job in 2008, I saw His goodness.  Despite disappointment and loss, discouragement and all of the what ifs, He remained faithful.  There was so much unknown to us during that time, yet our path was covered with His grace and we were girded up by His strength.

The wilderness way is a hard journey.  It’s hot and sticky.  It’s dry and without refreshing rain.  It’s dirty and messy and is devoid of anything that resembles life.  But throughout all of it, His goodness remains.  Even in times of lack, He remains faithful.

He changes a wilderness into a pool of water And a dry land into springs of water.
(Psalm 107:35 NASB)

Do you find yourself in a wilderness season?  Recall the promises of the Lord over your life and remember that He will not leave you there.  He will bring you through.

*photo credit by my lovely friend Laura.

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

28 thoughts on “The Weekend Brew: God Is Faithful Through The Wilderness”

1. Beth says:

I am so grateful for His faithfulness through everything. This time apart from my husband hasn’t been a time in the wilderness but certainly a time when I needed Him near. He has revealed Himself to me in so many new ways. And friend, I’ve loved witnessing how He has been faithful to you. I think I may join in for your Weekend Brew today. 🙂
    Love you so much.
    xoxo
    Beth recently posted..Scattering of Love :: Batch 1

1. Barbie says:

He IS faithful my friend. I am so glad you linked up today!

2. Denise says:

When the chips are down and the enemy is hot on our heels, that’s when we really have to reach down into what we know, not what we feel, and no matter what, declare GOD IS GOOD!! Amen!! ♥ Love you dear friend; have a beautiful weekend! ♥
    Denise recently posted..Plant A Seed

AMEN!

3. Ginger Harrington says:

Earlier this week I was reading Jeremiah 31 where it says “They found grace in the wilderness.” That phrase just stood out to me, and I am intrigued that this word is used in this Old Testament setting. How very grateful I am that God is faithful to us and we can find grace in the wilderness.
    Ginger Harrington recently posted..Joy’s One Thing

1. Barbie says:

Grace in the wilderness…..I love that. And that is so true. He gives us so much grace to endure those times. Blessings!

4. Diane | An Extraordinary Day says:

Barbie, you have had a journey through the desert, but, praise God! I have seen you stop at a unexpectedly beautiful oasis along the way. God is good. His faithfulness never ends. He blesses and strengthens and upholds each of us through the wilderness. The wilderness often feels endless, but God’s presence never leaves us. [[hugs]]
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Change is in the Air | Project Inspire{d} Link Party #79

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Diane for your encouragement!

5. Elizabeth says:

I am reminded of the passage that talks about coming out of the wilderness leaning on our Beloved. That is our goal, and perhaps, why He allows us to go through the wilderness. You’ve been a faithful voice through your journey, Barbie!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Psalm 90:17…

1. Barbie says:

Oh I LOVE that passage of scripture! Have a blessed week Elizabeth.

1. Barbie says:

Oh Lisa, saying a prayer for you tonight. May you sense His nearness and feel His arms of love wrapped tightly around you. Hugs!

6. Nellers says:

This is so true. I’ve actually found myself in a desert spiritually recently and long to get back into the deep waters.

Nell

1. Barbie says:

Me too Nellers! You have a beautiful blog and beautiful children.

1. Barbie says:

Have a blessed week Heather. Thanks for linking up!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for linking up at The Weekend Brew. Have a blessed week.

7. Debbie says:

I love Laura’s photo! And yes I’ve been in seasons of wilderness. It seems it’s been that way the last four years. But I am learning many lessons in the wilderness and don’t want to complain and grumble like the Israelites did.
    Debbie recently posted..My Thoughts on Robin Williams

1. Barbie says:

Me too Debbie. I know He’s’ faithful to bring me through, but I think I have a long way to go. Blessings!

8. Mary Geisen says:

God does bring us through our struggles time after time and your reminder today is needed so we all hold tight to this truth. Thank you for your transparency and for a much needed encouragement. Happy weekend!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Sunday Morning Always Comes-Polish

1. Barbie says:

Blessings to you my dear friend. Have a lovely week.

9. June says:

I love that you listed some of His promises, Barbie. We all need that reminder. I was just reading that scripture about Him being faithful even when we are not. So powerful. So encouraging. I’m so thankful that God in His mercy is giving you the grace to encourage others, even amid your own need.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . Amy

1. Barbie says:

Thank you June! Praying you have a beautifully blessed week.

AMEN Mindy!

10. Alita says:

Thanks you for this. I wish I may translated it for my my blog for parents with hurting hearts. Can I? With your name under it?
    Alita recently posted..Loslaten wat ik in mijn armen droeg

Absolutely!