Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Moving Forward And An Introduction

Fall

I cannot tell you how blessed I am to be in community with you all.  I am truly thankful to God, every day, that He brought me to this big world of blogging and has allowed me to share my life with you.  Your comments, messages and emails give me hope and breathe life into my soul.  You have helped to keep me moving forward during a time when I’d rather just not move at all.

It’s been a hard week, but hopefully next week will be better!  I just have to keep my head up, looking unto Jesus, believing that He will do what He said He would do.  He is my strength and I put my trust in Him.  Sometimes, I admit, I allow negative thoughts into my head.  It’s then I have to keep reminding myself of who it is He says that I am.

[Tweet “I am His Daughter, chosen and anointed for such a time as this!”]

I have a phone interview on Monday morning at a firm I would LOVE to work at, with exceptional pay and great benefits.  Keep me in your prayers on Monday at 10AM (PST)!

I’ve been praying about how to keep things moving forward here on the blog until I feel released again to write more regularly. One of the things I do not want to neglect is this community here at The Weekend Brew. You are my people.  You faithfully come here each week to link up your encouraging posts and I really do enjoy reading your words and encouraging you. I thought about taking the next couple of months off. I know that you wouldn’t mind and I know you’d be here when I returned. But the thought of that made me so sad.

For a while now, God has been speaking to me about The Weekend Brew link up. I’m not ready to share just yet what may be happening behind the scenes, but I am excited! I believe God is giving me a  clear direction for this link up for the future. In the meantime, I’ve reached out for help to someone who has become a dear blogging friend.  And she said yes!  This beautiful heart is coming alongside me to help manage The Weekend Brew, at least through the end of the year. I am so excited to do community with her here in this space.

MaryI want to introduce you to Mary at Passage Through Grace. I know many of you already know her. She’s shared her beautiful and inspiring words in this space before.  Mary will be co-writing posts for The Weekend Brew for the next couple of months, as well as helping to respond to comments and visiting the blogs that link up.  Sometimes it takes a village, or at least one other willing and able person to come along side of you to help keep things going.

I want to share with you a few of my favorite posts from Mary’s blog.  I hope you will click over to read.

Five Minute Friday – Whisper

The Perfect No

What If

Come back on November 1st for Mary’s first post at The Weekend Brew!

Barbie's Weekend Brew buttonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others along the way)!

*photo credit

37 thoughts on “The Weekend Brew: Moving Forward And An Introduction”

1. Cathy says:

Barbie, I will be praying for your interview. So thankful Mary is going to help you keep things going. I am still inactive from the injury. I need surgery and it will possibly be soon. Don’t know how it will affect my blogging. I am standing in prayer for you. Blessings! Cathy
    Cathy recently posted..How To Serve Your Community!

1. Barbie says:

Oh Cathy, I’m sorry to hear you are facing surgery. Praying your recovery and healing will be quick. Hugs!

2. Joanne Viola says:

Barbie, So excited for both you & Mary as you join together in this! You both are encouragers & sure to encourage one another AND all of us in the days ahead! I look forward to seeing all that God will do!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Day 25: From Circling Around – 4

Thanks Joanne!

1. Barbie says:

Praying you had a blessed day Lyli!

3. Heather says:

I’ll be praying God’s will over your life and favor for the great job! I keep you in my prayers. ❤️
    And I love Mary so much! She’s joined me in my new ALLIN Ministry too! Love you both and I know you’ll be a great team!
    Heather recently posted..The Every Second of Living {Why I Don’t Let One Pass}

1. Barbie says:

You are a blessing Heather. Thank you!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Mary. I’m trying to let go and allow Him to have His way. Blessings!

4. Beth says:

Praying for your interview, Barbie. And it’s so lovely to see friends coming together to support and encourage one another. I just love this. Love your heart for community. Much love. xoxo
    Beth recently posted..It started with a DARE {Day 25: #write31days}

1. Barbie says:

I’m sure you heard the interview didn’t happen. I was crusted but am finally climbing out of my self-imposed pit. I am so thankful for you, and Mary, and countless others.

5. Joan says:

I’ll be praying for your interview on Monday and am excited to hear what God does through it! and…Welcome, Mary! What a blessing you are to come alongside Barbie right now! Blessings to both of you!!

In Him, Joan
    Joan recently posted..From Isolation to Community

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Joan, and for your continued prayers.

1. Barbie says:

I appreciate your prayers Cynthia!

1. Barbie says:

I was so crushed when it didn’t happen. Praying for breakthrough soon!

6. Lea says:

Oh, Barbie, will certainly be praying for you on Monday. I pray the Lord will see fit to honor your desire in this interview. And, so glad you found someone to partner with for The Weekend Brew. That will relieve you and yet you will know that it is being well taken care of. Blessings abundant to you during this difficult season of life. Hugs to you!
    Lea recently posted..Friday Letters

1. Barbie says:

I appreciate your prayers Lea!

7. Dawn says:

Praying for your Monday to be filled with His favor and many reminders of His abundance.
    Looking forward to Mary’s words as they coincide with yours and the direction the Lord has for you both.
    Bless you!
    Dawn
    Dawn recently posted..Leaning Confidently

Thank you Dawn!

8. Julie Lefebure says:

I’m continuing to pray for you, Barbie, and I’ll be praying for your interview. God is with you. Rest in Him. Take care of you. You are a gift. Big hugs to you, friend!
    Julie Lefebure recently posted..How Do I Love My Enemies?

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Julie. I am blessed by you!

1. Barbie says:

I am disappointed it didn’t happen, but am trusting in His plan.

9. SharonB says:

So excited for your interview tomorrow! Praying for you!!
    SharonB recently posted..Irresistible Grace

1. Barbie says:

I was so disappointed when the interview was canceled. But I am believing God is moving heaven and earth on my behalf.

10. Janis Cox says:

What a fabulous idea Barbie. I too am in the midst of trying to decide what to do in regards to writing and painting. Between social media and blogging and living there doesn’t seem to be any other time. I have decided to stop my contributors to Under the Cover of prayer – that takes a lot of work. But I too don’t want to drop my linking community of friends at Sunday Stillness.
    Blessings to you as you move forward,
    Janis
    Janis Cox recently posted..Sunday Stillness – Are You Hearing from God?

1. Barbie says:

Praying with you, Janis, that God will give you insight and strategy. Aren’t the link up communities wonderful?

11. Mary Geisen says:

Barbie-You know that prayers are being lifted up as I write this. Thank you for opening up your home to me and I look forward to being able to hang out here with my words that God so graciously provides me. You are a treasure and as you move through your Monday know how much you are loved by God and others. Love and hugs my friend!
    Mary Geisen recently posted..Sunday Morning Always Comes- Courage

1. Barbie says:

Love you Mary! Looking forward to your words gracing this space.

12. Ashley says:

This is wonderful! Praying for you and God’s direction!

Thanks Ashley!

13. Diana Rockwell says:

I am so excited for what is coming in November. I hope to be a part of the plan. Love you my friend Diana
    Diana Rockwell recently posted..Blessings-United

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Diana! Thankful I have met you through blogging.