My life is made richer through the lives of others. Not only richer, but more beautiful. I may be having a bad day, or be in a bad mood, or bad things may be happening all around me, but when I talk with my friends and embrace the beauty being revealed in their lives I am made stronger. When I celebrate the beauty in the lives of others, it’s easier to see the beauty in my own life.When I celebrate the beauty in the lives of others, it's easier to see the beauty in my own life. Click To Tweet
The fact is, we need each other. I need you to share the beauty that you uncover while going about your day-to-day lives, and I need to share the beauty God has given to me in my ordinary. Our lives were meant to encourage, to bring hope and healing. I know that by sharing the beauty all around, God will be glorified and lives will be changed.
For those of you who aren’t already aware, the weekly link up has moved back to this blog, effective today, with a new name, new link up day(s), and new purpose.
For more of the why behind it all, please visit my last post over at Let Us Walk Worthy.
Glimpses was birthed in my heart earlier this year. I wasn’t sure how it would evolve. I thought perhaps it would be just an Instagram hashtag, but I’m not always consistent snapping photos. So I incorporated the concept here on the blog — of catching glimpses of his beauty in my ordinary, every day life over the last few weeks as peeks into the beauty God is revealing to my heart, and through the sharing of my gratitude list each week.
I am already being blessed as I write and especially as I give thanks. My prayer is that you will be blessed not only as you read, but as you come and share the beauty in your own life.
Before I share the link up details, I continue to share the glimpses of beauty found in my life this past week.
31. A morning where I felt no pain and stiffness in my joints.
32. Coffee surprises from my boss.
33. Hearing summer camp testimonies from the children.
34. A husband who prepares dinner most week nights so I don’t have to.
35. Snuggles with my grandson.
36. Celebrating a beautiful friend on her birthday.
37. Great laughs with life-long friends.
38. Listening to my daughters co-lead worship.
39. A clean kitchen.
40. The warmth of the sun on my skin.
The link up details
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.
Please take a moment to go over the “guidelines”. There aren’t many, but I want to make sure that whatever is shared fits with the intended purpose for the link up. If you’d like to grab the button below and display it in your posts, feel free. Or there is a button code in the sidebar as well.
I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.