Happy Monday friends! I normally come up with a different type of title for theses posts, but tonight I’m exhausted and my brain is having a hard time reflecting on the beauty I’ve seen this last week. I had a revelation recently and it’s caused me to take some pretty drastic steps to walk toward complete healing of all the “stuff” I’ve been carrying around my entire life.
One thing I’ve been reminded of this last week is that we can get so comfortable with who we are, good and bad, that sometimes we are afraid to let go, because we aren’t sure who we will become once all the stuff is gone.
It’s not even that I like my stuff — the hurt, pain and rejection I’ve carried for too long. But they have become a part of who I am and play a huge role in my story up to this point.
I often question if I will like the person I am without all the baggage. Does that seem weird? Oh I want to be free, but freedom comes at a price. It’s hard sometimes to look deep, to really dig up those things buried beneath the surface. It’s work and honestly I’m not sure I have the strength.
But I know that God is with me. He is my Healer and He desires that I walk healed and whole.
“For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,” says the Lord. (Jeremiah 30:17)
So in a couple of months I will be undergoing some pretty intense weekly healing sessions, with the expectation that when it’s all over, I will be healed, full of joy and able to more fully embrace the life that God has given to me.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
41. A night of uninterrupted time to write.
42. At home movie night with hubby.
43. A day trip to celebrate my best friend’s birthday.
44. Blessing my friend with a gift card to Hobby Lobby.
45. Having people you can trust to share your deepest pain with.
46. Late night chats with my daughter.
47. A night of uninterrupted sleep.
48. Coming home from work to a clean kitchen.
49. Healthy children.
50. A pool party with my amazing co-workers.
How are you doing today? I’d love for you to share in the comments below. And if you have an encouraging post, I hope you will share with the community so that others can be blessed.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.
Please take a moment to go over the “guidelines”. There aren’t many, but I want to make sure that whatever is shared fits with the intended purpose for the link up. If you’d like to grab the button below and display it in your posts, feel free. Or there is a button code in the sidebar as well.
I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.