So this past week was a roller coaster of huge emotional magnitude for me. I can’t share all the details here (but feel free to message me on FB if you want to know more).
Basically, God moved in with a “Suddenly” opportunity. He placed something promising in front of me and I pursued it. He opened the door. Then He closed it, only to open it again, only to have it closed again.
The outcome leaves me a little better off than before, but with no real change.
God has shown me His hand again through His very mysterious ways.
My son asked me why God would dangle something in front of me, only to not have that be a part of His plan. I don’t have an answer, but I believe that sometimes God will ask us to be obedient to take steps towards something, even though the outcome is different than we had imagined.
God sometimes opens a temporary door in order to allow us to walk through another that was temporarily closed.God sometimes opens a temporary door in order to allow us to walk through another that was temporarily closed. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
I went through so many ups and downs with this situation, but I am confident now that the right choice — the GOD choice — was made, and I am very happy.
God’s ways are a mystery. I don’t always know why He asks me to do certain things, but I believe his is looking for my obedience, no matter the outcome.God is looking for my obedience, no matter the outcome. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
91. 1 Corinthians 13:7 – love hopes all things.
92. God’s peace on an emotional journey.
93. The wisdom of God to direct my paths.
94. Closed doors.
95. My 13yo son’s sense of humor.
96. Feeling loved and valued at work.
97. Fragrant roses.
98. Freezer meals prepared for the week.
99. The ability to trust and not waiver.
100. The blessings of launching new friend’s blog as she’s undergoing treatment for brain cancer.
Friends, I am launching a blog for a new friend today. Kayla is undergoing radiation for brain cancer. I would love it if you’d check out her blog and leave her an encouraging comment. Oh, and we are having a week of giveaways as well.
How has God worked in a mysterious way in your life? Please leave a comment below and join us for the link up if you can.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.
I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.