We sang one of my favorite hymns in church this morning.
When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul
As I was worshipping, I kept reflecting on the “whatever my lot” part, because honestly, I don’t always walk in peace. More often than not I feel as if I’m fighting to stay in a place of peace.
Peace doesn’t always come in like a river for me. Sometimes it comes after wrestling through a dark season, or when I’m walking through a season of drought. I can feel my state of unrest and I often forget that peace is a promise, no matter the circumstance.Peace is a promise, no matter the circumstance. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
It’s in these times that I have to reach for peace. I have to set my face like flint and remember that He is the Prince of Peace, that peace is a promise because I trust in Him.
Am I trusting? I’d like to think that I am, but I waiver. I know He has my best interests at heart but sometimes I doubt.
This song brings me such comfort though. Just singing these words of truth this morning has caused me to enter into a place of peace and rest over our future. By the time the song ended, the words were welling up on the inside,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
101. Night time coffee chat with friends.
102. Loving and encouraging a friend on her birthday.
103. Homeschooling progress.
104. Celebrating my mother’s 75th birthday.
105. Celebrating the soon birth of my great nephew.
106. His faithful leading and guidance.
107. Extra provision this month.
108. Silly giggles with my girl.
109. Enjoying the Phantom of the Opera with my girls.
110. Reminders of His promise of peace.
How has God reminded you that He’s with you? How has He brought you peace in your present circumstances?
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.
I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.