A happy and blessed Labor Day to you all!
I’ve been trying to rest from my labors so much so this weekend that I completely forgot to post for the link up. The danger of someone who is too busy to schedule posts such as me. I am so sorry.
Today I am truly grateful for a day off where I can relax with my family. Rest does not come easy for me. Even though it’s supposed to be a quite day to enjoy the love and laughter of those closest to me, I have my list and will soon be busy tackling it.
I love this quote by Anne Lamott:
We must give ourselves permission to unplug and rest. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes…including you.
My mind, body and spirit so need the rest. So today, despite my list, I want to be sure to take some time to get out and enjoy the sunshine, to curl up on the couch next to my loves and enjoy a movie, maybe bake some cookies or listen to a book on tape.
This week I am anticipating a “Suddenly” from God to come to fruition. It’s something that caught me by surprise, almost too good to be true. But I am hopeful. I believe it will happen and this is a good thing. I am anxious to share more details later.
If you are struggling to find rest in your situation today, I want to share this song with you. It brings me peace when the winds are blowing. May it bring you peace as well.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
81. Matthew 11:28-30 – His yoke is easy, His burden is light.
82. Yogurt date with my daughter.
83. A great first week back at school.
84. More doors opening.
85. Feeling His overwhelming presence in worship.
86. A whole day with my grandson.
87. Beautiful night skies.
88. The grace to forgive.
89. The faith of my children to believe and hope for me.
90. Psalm 27:13 – I will see the goodness of the Lord!
So, what are your plans today? Will you be enjoying time with family and friends? Are you busy tackling a list like me? Or are you truly resting from your labors? Please leave a comment below and join us for the link up if you can.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.
I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.