Well, I’m farther behind in this series than I wanted to be. But sometimes life happens and I just have to retreat and take a break and rest. I’m hoping to finish by the end of the first week of November. Thank you for visiting!
I never realized when I started blogging over 8 years ago that I would meet people all across the globe. I’ve made friends through blogging with people who life in Africa, Israel and Hungry. There are bloggers I’ve come to know and love all across the United States.
Blogging reaches not just locally and across the country, but it also has a global impact on those who read. As soon as our words reach the screen and we hit publish, there is no taking them back. I suppose we can delete posts, but really, our words reach the global atmosphere of people who read blogs. What an awesome responsibility we as writers have as we are given the opportunity to make a global impact with the gifts that God has given to us.
Are we being good stewards of this gift of writing? Some write books (I’ve self-published one). Others write because they feel led to encourage others through words. Still others write simply for the joy of writing, and feel a sense of release and accomplishment when they hit publish.
No matter why you write, always remember that your words have a lasting and global impact. They just might be reaching people you didn’t know they were reaching far and wide across the globe. Use your words to bring hope, encouragement and life into a world so in need of Jesus.As writers, our words have a lasting and global impact on others. #write31days #FMFW #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
161. The ability to slow down and rest when the need arises.
162. Not allowing myself to feel guilty for not being busy.
163. “He makes me lie down in green pastures. He restores my soul.”
164. My daughter excited about a summer trip to a third world country.
165. Seeing great results from my new lifestyle of eating.
166. The beautiful colors of fall.
167. My adult son finally ready to get his license. (Never felt the need before now. What?!)
168. The smell of cinnamon apples on the stove.
169. The way the air smells after a fresh rain.
170. The smell of lavender and how it relaxes me.
What do you think about when you think of your words making a global impact on others?
This post is part of a 31 Day series entitled Embrace, where I will be sharing images, quotes and words that I hope will stir your soul. You can find each post in this series here. Together, let’s embrace every day and the beauty that each one holds.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.
I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.