I’ve been in the process of cleaning out my closet…for the last year. There are certain things that I’m holding onto, you know, just in case I lose the weight and want to fit into the nice jeans or the nice dress. After all, don’t I have to make room for an entire new wardrobe some day?
If you were to walk into my closet, you would see nothing but chaos. Only a few items hang, the rest are in piles. I live out of laundry baskets and piles of clothes that I’m still deciding whether to keep or donate.
My wardrobe is in a state of organized chaos. I know where everything is among the piles, but it sure would be a lot easier if I hung up the clothes and organized them a little bit.
My life has been like my wardrobe over the last few years. Organized and chaos don’t seem to fit into the same sentence, but that’s how I’ve viewed my life lately. So many things are out of place, or missing altogether, and I’m still trying to put the pieces back together again.
Isn’t that God’s job though? To put me back together again? He doesn’t mind walking into my messy wardrobe. He understands that I’m just not ready to part with certain things yet. He is patient, and loving and full of wisdom. Little by little, I will be able to look at each piece of my life and determine whether it’s good for me, or if I must let it go.
I know that God will give me the strength. I trust Him to bring me to a place of peace among the chaos.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
121. The freedom that I’ve found in Christ.
122. God’s word and how it comforts my restless spirit.
123. New blog friends found through the #write31day challenge.
124. Surprises in the mail.
125. My niece in labor with her first baby.
126. Family dinners and loud discussions at the table.
127. A month ahead on rent. Thank you Jesus!
128. Even more blog business.
129. In home date nights.
130. The church live worship stream so I can listen to my kids lead when I’m home.
Are you holding onto items in your wardrobe that it’s time to get rid of?
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.
I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.
This post is part of a 31 Day series entitled Embrace, where I will be sharing images, quotes and words that I hope will stir your soul. You can find each post in this series here. Together, let’s embrace every day and the beauty that each one holds.