Thank you for visiting the Glimpses link up! I am still writing my October series. I got behind and instead of quitting I’m going to keep going. I hope you find these posts encouraging. I am so glad you are here!
No one likes to appear weak. It’s not like I want to portray that I have it all together and know the answers to all of life’s challenges. I don’t. And I certainly don’t want to come across as if I’ve arrived at this place of perfection that is only attained after our lives here have ended.
I use to cringe every time someone asked me about something that I didn’t know the answer to because not having the answer was a sign of weakness, or so I thought. I especially felt this way when my children would ask me things that I had no idea how to respond.
But I’m learning that to not have the answer is not a sign of weakness, but one of strength. It takes a certain strength to respond with, “I’m not really sure how to answer that, but I will find out and get back to you.” I’ve had to do this in my job. And my clients appreciate this so much more than if I were to provide a wishy washy answer or a half truth.
In this life, we will never have the answer for every situation. In those times we have to swallow our pride and lean on God’s strength. It may appear to others as a sign of weakness but really, we grow stronger when we allow the wisdom of God to provide the answers to life’s questions.We grow stronger when we allow the wisdom of God to provide the answers to life's questions. #write31days #FMFW #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
171. “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love.” (Psalm 143:8)
172. Inspiring others on my journey toward health.
173. Encouraging notes from friends far and wide.
174. 9lbs lost in my first Whole30.
175. Continued focus to stay the course.
176. Allowing God to bring healing for past hurts.
177. Prophetic words of hope and life.
178. Exciting news!!! (I’ll share more soon!)
179. My son receiving a free ticket to watch the 49ers play (even though they lost).
180. Acts of service from my husband.
How has a perceived weakness in your life become a sign of strength?
This post is part of a 31 Day series entitled Embrace, where I will be sharing images, quotes and words that I hope will stir your soul. You can find each post in this series here. Together, let’s embrace every day and the beauty that each one holds.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. My hope is that those who were linking up on Saturday over the weekend will still have an opportunity to do so.
I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply ink back here.
2. Remember to link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find one another’s posts.