I’m not feeling well tonight. I’ve been fighting a stomach bug that seems to come and go. Nothing really manifesting, just an overall feeling of blah. So I came to the computer to write tonight’s post for the link up and friends, I’ve got nothing. Does that ever happen to you?
I considered just putting up a quote, or sharing a music video, or doing up a quick image with a scripture or inspirational quote. But something inside of me kept telling me to write, even though I feel as though I have nothing to give.
I think it’s because we need to be reminded that it’s okay to come empty. It’s okay to show up in our spaces on the interwebs and let our friends and followers know that we are struggling through. It’s okay to allow ourselves to be vulnerable and to share when we aren’t feeling well, are overwhelmed or just plain dry.
I think that’s how God wants us to come to Him. He wants us to come empty, because it’s only then that we can be filled back up again. I think I come carrying my burdens to the secret place more often than not, and when I leave, feeling the same heaviness I felt when I arrived, I have to wonder why I didn’t leave the baggage at the door, why I didn’t make room for His refreshing water to saturate every fiber of my being.
It's only when we come empty that we can be filled back up again. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To TweetEmptiness is often looked upon as a place of lack or a place of weakness. But I am learning to see emptiness as a place of great opportunity. It’s a place that is void of ourselves and of our own desires, a place yearning to be filled with the hope and promises of God.I'm learning to see emptiness as a place of great opportunity. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
So even though I feel as though I don’t have the energy to give you much by way of words tonight, I do hope that you’ve caught on to one important truth: it’s okay to come empty. Let go and allow Him to fill you back up again. In due time, you will overflow, but now is the time to consume all that God desires to pour back into you.
Thank you for being here friends!
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
291. Homeschool boy having a great week with his studies.
292. Meeting other working homeschooling moms.
293. A sense of fulfillment and purpose in my job.
294. Major dental work completed for the year.
295. A hard working husband who keeps the house running while I work.
296. Words of grace spoken that bring joy to my heart.
297. Spending Saturday afternoon with my grandson.
298. A special touch from God during Sunday worship.
299. Victorian tea with family.
300. Finding out we will have another grandson in June!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.