It’s 8:00pm on a Sunday evening and I’m just sitting down to write this week’s link up post. Honestly, I’ve been in the midst of a battle here on the home front and it would have been so easy to just forget about the blog and sulk in my corner of the couch. But you ladies, you are my reason for coming here each and every week. This little community that comes to encourage, link up and share I love you all so much. Many of you have prayed for me and continue to do so and I so appreciate each and every one of you.
Actually, things on the home front aren’t that bad. I mean we have some things to work on but I believe in the midst of it all God is desiring to do a deeper work in my own heart. I haven’t always handled things so well and in many ways my heart has grown cold. I’ve been overcome with grief, despair, depression, fear and anxiety and I haven’t been the best wife or mom. I’m not leading my children with grace and I’ve been angry at my husband far too long. Grief has a way of blinding our eyes to what the real issues are.Grief has a way of blinding our eyes to what the real issues are. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
I’m going to take some time away from social media and the blog over the next couple of months. Don’t worry, the link up will still go on. After all, I can’t stop counting my gratitudes, especially with everything that is going on in my life. But I may not get around to responding to comments right away, or visiting your blogs. But I will. I promise. I have a couple of review obligations but other than that my time here will be scarce. I am also praying into my vision for the blog for the coming year and a possible simplified design.
I’m going to try to just peek in on social media every now and then and allow myself some space, away from all of the noise. My heart is hurting and I need to reconcile some things, and I need a touch from God and our family needs emotional healing. If there is one thing I don’t want to neglect during this busy holiday season it’s my family.
Although I can easily allow myself to be overcome by grief and despair, I am making the decision to allow myself to be overcome by God, His presence and my family who I adore beyond measure.
I pray you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving. Allow yourself to be overcome by the things that matter.Allow yourself to be overcome by the things that matter. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
This is day 27 of my series on 31 Peeks into the Beauty of God. I am sharing mostly on Instagram, except for Mondays when I share here for the link up. I would love to have you join me at @barbieswihart.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
711. The courage to admit I’m hurting.
712. Admitting that I can’t heal alone.
713. Even in the silence, I choose to believe my husband still loves me.
714. Even though my kids don’t show it, I choose to believe they love me.
715. Choosing to believe God loves me, even though I feel less than.
716. The courage to allow myself to forgive.
717. Encouraging texts and emails from friends who continue to pray.
718. The courage to admit I’m a control freak.
719. A spur of the moment kitchen remodel that had me angry but is going to be okay.
720. Realizing there is so much to be thankful for.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.