I use to think change didn’t bother me. But honestly after experiencing a lot of change over the last five years I would have to say I do not adapt easily to it.
There have been things in my life that I’ve lost — a home, employment, friends, ministry. At the time that those seasons were changing I held on with every fiber of my being. On the inside I was screaming, wanting my way, wanting things to remain the same. I was afraid that when those things left me my life would change drastically. And it has. While those seasons were hard, devastating to my heart at times, I realized that God was calling me into a deeper place of trust. Would I choose to trust Him even when I could not see the bigger picture? It’s in those times when I must choose to believe that God is good, no matter how life changes.It's in those times when I must choose to believe that God is good, no matter how life changes. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
I’ve learned through much hardship and tears that life is all about change. It’s like the seasons, each one flowing gently into the other. There wouldn’t be a spring without first a winter, nor a fall without first a summer. Sometimes though the changing of the seasons come with harsh weather, clouds, storms and moments that threaten to challenge your faith. It is not easy to surrender to change, but it is necessary if we are to become who and what we are destined to be.It is not easy to surrender to change, but it is necessary if we are to become who and what we are destined to be. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
Are you going through a rough season of change? Ask God to help you to surrender every aspect of your life to Him. He is good and I promise you that He will bring you through.
This is day 26 of my series on 31 Peeks into the Beauty of God. I am sharing mostly on Instagram, except for Mondays when I share here for the link up. I would love to have you join me at @barbieswihart.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
701. Sharing 2-for-1 Frapps with co-workers.
702. Planning a weekend getaway with my bestie.
703. Worship that goes straight to your heart and meets you right where you are.
704. Knowing there is hope in the midst of darkness.
705. Fresh fruit on sale.
706. Sunflowers that remind me to smile.
707. He has given me a sound mind.
708. He restores my soul.
709. He makes me lie down to rest.
710. Recognizing my need for rest.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.