Glimpses

Surrendering To Change // Glimpses Link Up

I use to think change didn’t bother me. But honestly after experiencing a lot of change over the last five years I would have to say I do not adapt easily to it.

There have been things in my life that I’ve lost — a home, employment, friends, ministry.  At the time that those seasons were changing I held on with every fiber of my being.  On the inside I was screaming, wanting my way, wanting things to remain the same.  I was afraid that when those things left me my life would change drastically.  And it has.  While those seasons were hard, devastating to my heart at times, I realized that God was calling me into a deeper place of trust.  Would I choose to trust Him even when I could not see the bigger picture?  It’s in those times when I must choose to believe that God is good, no matter how life changes.

It's in those times when I must choose to believe that God is good, no matter how life changes. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

I’ve learned through much hardship and tears that life is all about change.  It’s like the seasons, each one flowing gently into the other.  There wouldn’t be a spring without first a winter, nor a fall without first a summer.  Sometimes though the changing of the seasons come with harsh weather, clouds, storms and moments that threaten to challenge your faith.  It is not easy to surrender to change, but it is necessary if we are to become who and what we are destined to be.

It is not easy to surrender to change, but it is necessary if we are to become who and what we are destined to be. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

Are you going through a rough season of change?  Ask God to help you to surrender every aspect of your life to Him.  He is good and I promise you that He will bring you through.

This is day 26 of my series on 31 Peeks into the Beauty of God. I am sharing mostly on Instagram, except for Mondays when I share here for the link up. I would love to have you join me at @barbieswihart.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #701-710

701.  Sharing 2-for-1 Frapps with co-workers.
702.  Planning a weekend getaway with my bestie.
703.  Worship that goes straight to your heart and meets you right where you are.
704.  Knowing there is hope in the midst of darkness.
705.  Fresh fruit on sale.
706.  Sunflowers that remind me to smile.
707.  He has given me a sound mind.
708.  He restores my soul.
709.  He makes me lie down to rest.
710.  Recognizing my need for rest.

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.

22 thoughts on “Surrendering To Change // Glimpses Link Up”

1. Lesley says:

I agree, it’s not easy to surrender to change. It’s so important to remember God is with us in it and he has a plan
    PS- I’ve nominated you for a blogger award! Details are in my post if you want to take part, but absolutely no pressure! I just want you to know that I appreciate you!

1. Barbie says:

Awe Lesley, you are too sweet. I’ll go over and check it out. Thank you!

2. Debbie Putman says:

I’m with you, Barbie. I don’t like change, but I know that God works to transform me into who He created me to be through change. I’m trying to surrender to Him more easily.

1. Barbie says:

It’s not easy to surrender, but when we do, life becomes so much easier.

3. Barbara H. says:

So often I’ve looked forward to things “settling down” after a season of change, but like you said, I’ve discovered that life seems to be all about change. Some cause more of an upheaval than others, but all can drive us to more dependence on God – which I imagine is one reason He allows them. My default reaction is still to resist them, though, at least the seemingly unpleasant ones, but I hope by His grace to just trustingly go with the flow more.

1. Barbie says:

Great thoughts Barbara. I too want to learn to “go with the flow” more easily. Blessings!

4. BettieG says:

Dear Barbie,
    Oh I am with you–thinking that I like change, until it hits, and then I have a hard time with it. Thank you for the encouraging words about the seasons that “flow into one another.” I had not looked at that peaceful flowing before, but had just looked at the jarring of the change. He is so full of Grace towards us, even in the changes!

1. Barbie says:

I’m so thankful that He leads us from one season to the next with His grace. Blessings to you BettieG!

5. Gayl says:

Some changes are definitely hard, but God is with us through it all. May we remember to trust and know that He will always do what is best. Blessings to you, Barbie!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Gayl! I’m so thankful He never leaves me.

6. Jennifer says:

A weekend getaway with your bestie sounds like so much fun!!

1. Barbie says:

Oh I can’t wait. We are just going about 4 hours North to Redding. It will be fun.

7. Donna Reidland says:

Wow! I just noticed your list of things for which you’re thankful is up to 710. What a great example to the rest of us to focus on our blessings!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Donna! I actually started my journey of gratitude several years ago on the blog and I believe there are some earlier posts which show I was over 1,000. But as I laid it aside for some time, I only thought it fair I should start again. This time, I hope not to stop.

8. Mary Geisen says:

You have been through a season that I imagine somedays feels neverending to you. But I watch you persevere, pour out your heart into this space and continue to encourage us through it all. God has good planned for you and on the days you feel overwhelmed, I pray you see this glimpse of hope. Love and hugs!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks so much Mary! I truly appreciate you!

9. Joanne Viola says:

Barbie, this is a beautiful & encouraging post! This > “Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become.” Yes & Amen!

And I am not sure how I have missed that you had another linkup but it is good to join you again! Blessings!

1. Barbie says:

Joanne, it’s a blessing to have you here!

10. Rachel Lee says:

Being willing to trust God even when we don’t see the big picture, is hard work. Soul work.
    Some changes are welcome, but there are some that are just downright painful and confusing. (I don’t like those kind of changes).
    I have had to surrender my will, to that of the Father, more than a few times. Sometimes I see the why behind the seasons of change. Other times, I don’t, and I’m forced to trust Him and His plan, despite my skewed view.
    But He is good. In that I can always trust.

Thank you for sharing!

1. Barbie says:

We can always trust in His goodness. Thank you for stopping by Rachel!

11. Lisa notes says:

You’ve got it right here, Barbie–this is the crux of the matter–“It’s in those times when I must choose to believe that God is good, no matter how life changes.”

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Lisa!