Glimpses

I Am No Victim // Glimpses Link Up

My daughter led a song that is new to me at church this morning.  It is called I Am No Victim by Kristene DiMarco (Bethel Music).  This song touched me deeply this morning as I thought about how it’s so easy to give into the lie that I am a victim. We can be so consumed by the hurt and pain we’ve endured in life that we can assume a victim mentality. We can so easily become a victim to our circumstances, held back by fear, unable to move forward in faith. But I am not a victim. I can walk forward in the freedom that is mine in Christ Jesus.

I am not a victim. I can walk forward in the freedom that is mine in Christ Jesus. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

Sometimes the pain I carry is self inflicted, as I buy into the lies of the enemy that fill my head and prevent the truth of God’s Word from seeping in. But this song, it resonated with my heart as I am walking through a season of finding hope, healing and purpose once again.

He is my Father, I do not wonder
If His plans for me are good
If He’ll come through like He should
‘Cause He is provision and enough wisdom
To usher in my brightest days
To turn my mourning into praise

I am who He says I am
He is who He says He is
I’m defined by all His promises
Shaped by every word He says

I am not a victim of my circumstances. His plans for me are good. He turns my mourning into praise. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

Take a moment to listen to this song. I hope that it blesses you as much as it did me.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #791-800

791.  Deuteronomy 33:12.
792.  A new vertical planner for my daily scripture writing.
793.  Sharing and vulnerability among friends.
794.  Notes in the mail that remind me I’m not forgotten.
795.  Both my teens making mostly A’s & B’s this semester. (Just one C.)
796.  Our dryer no longer makes that annoying noise!
797.  Almost a full week of dinners planned.
798.  Worship music that brings healing.
799.  A new purse that will hold my 3 pairs of bifocals and more!
800.  He turns my mourning into praise!

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.

33 thoughts on “I Am No Victim // Glimpses Link Up”

1. Boma says:

Yes, we are no victims! Praise God! We need to be deliberate about renewing our minds with God’s Word continually, until we believe everything He has said about us. Thanks for this reminder, Barbie. Blessings to you.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you for stopping by Roma!

2. Bev @ Walking Well With God says:

Barbie,
    What an awesome song. It IS so easy to take on the victim mentality, but nothing is further from the truth. Christ has declared that we are not only conquerors…..we are MORE than conquerors through Him because He loves us so. Joining with you in claiming His promises.
    Blessings,
    Bev xx

1. Barbie says:

AMEN! We are victorious in Christ. Blessings!

3. Esther | Chosen & Cherished says:

I love that song, Barbie! We are not victims but VICTORS! Choosing to see my pain in light of His purpose changed my life. I love that your daughter led that song! May the gift of those words spoken through her voice pour over you!!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks so much for stopping by Esther!

4. Joanne Viola says:

Beautiful song, Barbie. We so need to remind ourselves of God’s declarations over us in His Word! Joining you in claiming, and believing, His promises this morning! xo

1. Barbie says:

So true. We must continually fill ourselves up with His truth. Blessings to you Joanne!

5. Michele Morin says:

Thanks for this battle cry against victim-hood! We hand the steering wheel over to our weakness when we move into that victim mindset!

1. Barbie says:

That’s so true Michele! Thank you for stopping by!

6. BettieG says:

Dear Barbie,
    Oh, yes I have been so blessed by that song also! When we can see ourselves through the eyes of Jesus, it changes everything doesn’t it? Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts on a dreary Monday morning. His Grace is so great towards us!

1. Barbie says:

I don’t often see myself through His eyes. I am thankful for the powerful truth found in this song.

7. June says:

Beautiful inspiration this morning, Barbie! I’m so thankful that God is whispering His truth to you in so many beautiful ways! Blessings on your week, dear one.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you June! Much love!

8. Nicole Kauffman says:

POWERFUL song. This one’s new to me and it is instantly my new favorite! Thanks for sharing 🙂

1. Barbie says:

You are welcome Nicole. I am so glad you stopped by this week.

9. Mary Geisen says:

What a beautiful song affirming our identity. Thank you for sharing! Sending love and hugs!

Thank you friend!

10. Rachel Lee says:

Such a powerful song! Don’t you just love Bethel Worship?! I listen to them on Pandora all the time.
    Thank you for these freeing, life-giving words this morning, Barbie! Sometimes, we all could use a little reminder that we are not victims, or slaves. Great affirmation for today!

1. Barbie says:

Bethel Worship and Hillsong Worship are my go to these days. Thanks for stopping by Rachel.

11. Annette says:

definitely not a victim. 🙂

AMEN!

12. Joy Lenton says:

Barbie, this is so encouraging and inspiring! What a gorgeous (new to me also) song with words that hit straight to the heart. After much spiritual attack this week, I think I might just have to make these reassuring thoughts my mantra: “But I am not a victim. I can walk forward in the freedom that is mine in Christ Jesus.” Amen! Oh to live into that truth and experience the full freedom Jesus came to bring us! Thank you, beautiful friend. xo <3

1. Barbie says:

I’m so glad this song ministered to you exactly when you need it. Have a restful weekend!

13. Joelyne says:

I love this song so much! Every time I hear it, I feel touched by God! 🙂
    It’s not just reviving. Not simply restoring. Greater things have yet to come!
    Joelyne xo

1. Barbie says:

Thank you for stopping by Joelyne!

14. Maree Dee says:

What a beautiful song. Thank you for sharing. You are so right it so easy to fall prey to the enemies lies.

1. Barbie says:

I have to work hard to keep my thoughts on the truth at times. So thankful for God’s Word!

15. Donna Reidland says:

That victim mentality can sneak in so easily. Thanks for reminding us who we really are! Thanks, too, for hosting and reminding us with your list of all the things we have for which to be thankful.

1. Barbie says:

You’re welcome Donna. So glad you stopped by.

16. Stella says:

Thanks for reminding me that I’m not a victim.I love the song.

Thank you Stella!

17. Worship Chords says:

Barbie you are so spot on! I love this song too, especially the lyrics “I am no orphan / I’m not a poor man / The Kingdom’s now become my own / And with the King I’ve found a home” It is so easy even as females to feel like we are already at a disadvantage in certain ways, and then when we are hurt we can just put the blame on everyone or everything else. Such a poor and losing way to go about life, when the truth is we are alive in Christ and have been given the keys and need to claim victory in Jesus name 🙂 Well now you’ve gone done and fired me up lol… bless you Barbie!

– Christy