I started a new discipline this month, as I’ve mentioned before. Scripture writing is helping me to mediate on God’s Word all day long. Even though I’ve had some rough days where I haven’t opened the Word, for the most part I am finding myself carrying what I am writing down with me throughout the days and weeks and it’s really helping me to remain positive and focused on the good things in my life.
I had a realization, not a new one, but a reminder this past week. I was reminded that no matter my imperfections and my failure at getting into His presence at times, God never counts me late or tardy to His table. His door is always open and he stands ready to receive me, with arms wide open, whenever I take the step toward Him.
God never counts me late or tardy to His table. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
I received a kiss from heaven today. I was sitting in the lobby at church and a gentlemen came over to me and thanked me for being such a blessing in his life and the life of his family. He reminded me that several years ago when he first came through the doors at church, I was the one who greeted him. He want on to say how it made him and his family feel comfortable and welcome and that he was grateful. He said he has been blessed by our family over the years. He told me that when he sees me come to church, I look so tired and heavy burdened. I shared a bit of my struggles with him. He wanted to remind me that he sees me, but even more importantly that God sees me.
This morning I was reminded that God used me to plant seeds in other’s lives. You never know who you may touch or how. But when you need a reminder, God will bring it to the forefront.
How is God reminding you of the blessing that you are to others?
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
811. Sugar-Free Mochas with coconut milk.
812. Psalm 119:18
813. Faith stickers for my scripture writing pages.
814. Medication to help my dog’s flea issue. (Now I can sleep!)
815. Immune Aid roll on.
816. Fresh strawberries.
817. My youngest son who remains motivated in school.
818. Reminders of seeds I’ve planted in other’s lives.
819. Catching up with my oldest son.
820. Peace that overwhelms my heart.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.